Help Phantom!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must be raised by the end of the year? as in 2 1/2 weeks? umm, good luck, but $52,000 is gonna be tough to raise in that short amount of time

We've raised more than that in the past 2 1/2 weeks.

It won't be tough if people donate! (Obviously!!)

:)

We've raised more than that in the past 2 1/2 weeks.

It won't be tough if people donate! (Obviously!!)

:)

Is this a do or die situation? If they do not raise the money are they not going to be able to tour this summer? Does anyone else have any more details?

I know Chuck Sweeney personally and he's a HUGE drum corps fan. We used to go to the Show if Shows together. Look at his skill in having ordinary people understand drum corps WITHOUT mentioning the word BAND.

I know very well wehn that debt was incurred and it has been a continued burden on the current organization. I'm sure some of the good people of Rockford will be pitching in this Christmas, but I will challenge those of us on DCP, if you have given to the Regiment in the past, if you love the show concept for this year, if you want to see their 2008 huge season tour go down the road, go to www.regiment.org and drop them some bucks this holiday season.

$52,000 is a relatively small amount to retire this past debt forever. Getting out my checkbook now.

I'm sorry, but I've never been a fan of bailing million dollar corps out of poor decisions.

Not flame bait, just the way I feel about life. Live within your means, and do without if you catch yourself getting behind. My donation will be sent to an open class corps that doesn't make a practice of breaking out the checkbook in search of titles.

I'm sorry, but I've never been a fan of bailing million dollar corps out of poor decisions.

Not flame bait, just the way I feel about life. Live within your means, and do without if you catch yourself getting behind. My donation will be sent to an open class corps that doesn't make a practice of breaking out the checkbook in search of titles.

Thanks for being shortsighted. It's really helpful.

The management and BoD of this corps for most of the 1990s was dreadful. No...DREADFUL. All of the less than talented people are gone and any quality folks have remained and have been elevated to more leadership positions.

Regiment's real tour or not tour (go Inactive) time period was late 90s/early this decade. Through careful management since, they have avoided the slippery slope of going inactive.

Processes are in place so that this corps has a great opportunity NEVER to see those days again. For instance, all programs are now dollar neutral. So, if the drum line is going to be a performing and competing ensemble, they MUST at least break even, so must the Guard workshops and the Winterguard. If not, they do not exist.

This organization is night and day compared to the late 90s. So why punish the organization today when it has its act together for problems that occurred more than 10 years ago?

Yes they are approaching an annual budget of $1.6 - $1.7M. But so are the rest of the top corps. This corps has huge support from Rockford, but Rockford is usually one of the top "Worst Places to Live" along with Flint, MI, etc. The economy in Rockford is tenuous at best.

I can't see the news article at work behind the filters, so I'm guessing that's where people are getting the $52,000.

Anyone care to post it for those of us who can't?