Best type of shoe for summer tour?

im sure some nwe balance and adidas are great for your feet, but honestly i marched this summer with a pair of 25 dollars walking shoes from wal mart, and honestyl they were the most comfortable thing i had ever worn. they were starter shoes if i remember right. theyw ere falling apart by the end of the season but they were incredibly comfortable. my .02 cents on this would be try on as many different shoes as you can find. you may find a cheap pair that will work great for you, maybe i jsut have wierd feet so keep this adidas and new balance in mind though.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, New Balance is the way to go.

Many of my fellow members also wore NB; a great majority actually.

Gotta plug New Balance as well. My first year of Blue Stars I started out with a pair of Reeboks that were decent but had already seen a season of marching band, so they were somewhat beat up already, and I replaced them mid-season with a pair of Nikes. Big mistake. The soles of the shoes actually fell apart during the course of the season and when I went home I promptly threw them out and got a pair of New Balance sneakers. I haven't looked back.

I went through a pair of Asics and Saucony this season, they were okay. I just got a pair of the Nike Free's (7.0 model) and they're really the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, so we'll see how they hold up for a season of marching. (After 1 camp and and an audition weekend, so far so good) I think a few of the guys in my corps had them last summer, so I'd assume they're pretty good.

Last summer, I wore the New Balance 854. I have flat feet, but with (or even without) my arch supports, these shoes were by far the best shoes I've ever worn. They have a "roll bar", which basically means it's impossible to twist your ankle, which is something I had been worrying about. The amount of support these things gave me was incredible, and they held up pretty well too. I've worn them every day since I bought them in April, and I'll probably buy another pair when these die. I definitely recommend them to anyone who has low arches and is worried about their feet on tour.

New Balance 790s. They're an extremely lightweight running shoe that are very durable. Seven out of our ten member Contra line used them this summer, and all of us were very pleased.

684295.jpg