Brand X Camp Report

Harvey

That's a lot of great info on the corps. But, I'd be worried that the corps' use of G bugles might offend someone.

-Jack

Well ... I have it from a very unreliable, unsubstantiated source that I would never trust in a million years that this will not be a problem ... they are only playing on their old G Bugles while they are waiting for their new line of C Flutes to arrive ... man, when this happens it will just be music this old drum corps fan's ears ...

and the new headphones that they are going to handing out to the audience so that they may better enjoy the sweet sounds of the new violins and cellos in the pit ... great news!

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing Brand X on the field next summer ...

Best of Luck to my favorite corps from Anytown, USA! :withstupid:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve heard that they have teamed up with B.O.N.G.

Bands Orchestras Needing Ganja, a non-profit organization sponsoring youth and medical marijuana in the arts.

The corps will be featuring the music of Bob Marley this summer and will kick off this season with a performance at Hemp-fest. This is an annual event in the Anytown central square. At the last camp, members were given on pound of medical marijuana to sell to their friends and family. $25 dollars of each pound will go towards the corps operating fund.

I have just posted an illegal video clip of Brand X's show last year ...

sorry, I can't tell you where it is but I don't want to break any of the rules here ...

so I'll just give you the review as best I can ...

it's the part where the battery plays with the metal spoons on the paint cans ... the use of the graduated sizes and partially emptied cans is pure brilliance on their part of the percussion staff ... then it goes into the big backward company front ... wow, I haven't seen this done so well since the old 3,453rd Saint's GuardBlasters ... no one does this as well at Brand X ... they have the best marching technique that I have ever seen ... especially the way they back up on their heels ... just amazing! ... then the big jazz run at 640 while they are playing the "Flight of the Bumblebee" in the closer :lol::lol::lol:

if only they had not had that one small pile-up last year in finals ... you know they should have won it all ... but that early season slotting that put them in -35th position is just so unfair ... :withstupid:

I was pleased to hear that the board of directors worked out a deal with Reynolds Tobacco to sponsor the corps this year and provide tobacco products free of charge to the corps as long as they promise to advertise on the equipment truck and the pit section and drum majors smoke during all performances. I’m really pumped for this season to get started.

Where is this corps and how can I join?

I've heard that Brand X is going clean. That stripper show 2 years ago offended some people. I hear they're playing Disney music to make up for it.

Actually, you heard that backwards -- it was the Disney show that offended people and so this year they're doing a stripper show to make up for it.

But the main thing to look forward to with this organization is that they have begun the Brand X Alumni Project. They are in the process of contacting as many alumni as they can and hope to have enough available for a reunion show in 5 years (3 with good behavior).

Actually, you heard that backwards -- it was the Disney show that offended people and so this year they're doing a stripper show to make up for it.

But the main thing to look forward to with this organization is that they have begun the Brand X Alumni Project. They are in the process of contacting as many alumni as they can and hope to have enough available for a reunion show in 5 years (3 with good behavior).

Unfortunately, many Brand X alumni don't live past the age of 25. You know what they say: play now, pay later. I don't expect to see them field a very big corps.

Where is this corps and how can I join?

You can sign up at either your local or county juvenile detention center. Just make sure you bring all forms necessary, including criminal record and parole officer contact information. All sign ups include a free photograph and finger printing session.

You can sign up at either your local or county juvenile detention center. Just make sure you bring all forms necessary, including criminal record and parole officer contact information. All sign ups include a free photograph and finger printing session.

Would it be poor form to bring just my shiv to auditions? I thought about bringing the sangria I made in the toilet, but I dunno if that's necessary for brass auditions.