Phantom Regiment Financial Needs Over the Years

OK, I'm sure several of you will take offense to my even asking. Tough. You let me march there, you get to put up with me. I only ask cuz I love.

Can you all help fill in the blanks on Phantom Regiment's special financial needs over the years? It seems like this recent type of thing comes up with relatively regular occurrence. I remember hearing something about December 1988 (?) right before beginning the fabulous 1989 show. Again in about 1995/1996? Last summer brought need for a new car for tour. This year brings out the need for $122k which was really a settlement for over $400,000...blows my mind!

I'm interested in hearing more about this group's financial needs over the year. I don't mean gas money or money for groceries or staff salaries, etc. I'm talking about big expenditures like food trucks or equipment trucks, advance vehicle, bad debt, etc.

Also, anybody have details on where / when this money became loan/debt, etc? I know it traces back to the 90's--when? How much per year, etc. $470,000 is an awful lot of money for one group to tear through in that short of time. What was it spent on?? Any fraud on the part of previous members of the Board, etc? That's a heckuva lot of money in any case.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, e-mail prinfo@regiment.org or PM/e-mail me if you have questions about PR's situation. The people on DCP -- no offense -- are not where you'll get factual information.

Greg Newell

Board of Directors

Phantom Regiment

The people on DCP -- no offense -- are not where you'll get factual information

QUOTE OF THE YEAR

Not to be a spoil sport Mr. Newell, but why not answer the questions on this board and then EVERYONE will be informed. You might even change some minds on wether or not they will be giving any further to your organization. I personally am a Phantom NUT, and I want nothing more than to see Phantom succeed. Truth be told on this board will do nothing but help Phantoms rep in the long run. After last years { NEW] car plead, and this years buy down the debt plea, the rep is hurting, and people like me, who are on the fringe of deciding who I should help { right now its the Colts and Southwind}, would love to here your answers and statements.

Then at the same time, let's ask for all financial information regarding Bridgemen, 27th Lancers, Anaheim Kingsmen, Sky Ryders, Hawthorne Muchachos, plus all the current corps out there. Anything wrong with that and the above request, no. Is it going to happen, no. There is a difference between information that can be passed out to everyone, and information to those who ask. Corps don't want everyone to know everything about them. At the same time, they won't turn you away if you ask privately.

Fact is, all the current corps financial information can be found on the net as it is all public record, and who knows, maybe even some of the corps that bit the dust. I doubt Phantom will be the first corps to take the plunge and put on DCP every financial decision on here.

Honestly, I don't think Phantom needs to improve their rep with fans. But that's my opinion and yours can be different.

...The people on DCP -- no offense -- are not where you'll get factual information.

The CIA has just convened an emergency meeting to discuss its current surveillence of DCP for national security intelligence gathering.

He didn't fail, but was just asked to email any questions instead.

OK, I'm sure several of you will take offense to my even asking. Tough. You let me march there, you get to put up with me. I only ask cuz I love.

Can you all help fill in the blanks on Phantom Regiment's special financial needs over the years? It seems like this recent type of thing comes up with relatively regular occurrence. I remember hearing something about December 1988 (?) right before beginning the fabulous 1989 show. Again in about 1995/1996? Last summer brought need for a new car for tour. This year brings out the need for $122k which was really a settlement for over $400,000...blows my mind!

I'm interested in hearing more about this group's financial needs over the year. I don't mean gas money or money for groceries or staff salaries, etc. I'm talking about big expenditures like food trucks or equipment trucks, advance vehicle, bad debt, etc.

Also, anybody have details on where / when this money became loan/debt, etc? I know it traces back to the 90's--when? How much per year, etc. $470,000 is an awful lot of money for one group to tear through in that short of time. What was it spent on?? Any fraud on the part of previous members of the Board, etc? That's a heckuva lot of money in any case.

I would agree with Greg Newell. The best answers to any sincere inquiries can be answered by the Board.

There's plenty of villians in the Regiment financial saga. Too many to mention here. Some heroes as well. I believe the past two directors, Misters Seidling and Valenzuela have worked diligently with the current Board to help right the ship.

I have quite a bit of knowledge regarding the 1994-2000 time period with the corps, but again, I believe the current Board members are the best sources of information.

Here we go again...Silverperson...If you're that interested as an alum go to the source. Stop stirring up garbage and do something constuctive. Like HELPING drum corps.