• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Thanks for the post!

I have a question.

Can you put me in contact with those person who you are speaking of?

They may be a wealth of information to us!

Well you can try the founder of DCP George Dixon since he was the corps director of the 1996 effort to start a corps named Chesapeake. We got close with that one. We made it to the spring, the brass had 3 tunes learned and the drumline had 2. We were looking at about 30 horns and a smallish drumline with a decent pit. Not sure about guard size. Unfortunately, there was not enough money raised and we had to close up shop. We were able to put dues paid towards some members marching in other corps. I know we placed kids in Bluecoats, Crossmen, Crown, and Jersey Surf.

The other try was a couple years later and I can't remember the name of the individual who headed that up.

If you are looking for Brass staff you might want to contact Scott Stansfield out of Reisterstown. I believe his number is in the book. He was involved as brass head for both of those corps.

Well you can try the founder of DCP George Dixon since he was the corps director of the 1996 effort to start a corps named Chesapeake. We got close with that one. We made it to the spring, the brass had 3 tunes learned and the drumline had 2. We were looking at about 30 horns and a smallish drumline with a decent pit. Not sure about guard size. Unfortunately, there was not enough money raised and we had to close up shop. We were able to put dues paid towards some members marching in other corps. I know we placed kids in Bluecoats, Crossmen, Crown, and Jersey Surf.

The other try was a couple years later and I can't remember the name of the individual who headed that up.

If you are looking for Brass staff you might want to contact Scott Stansfield out of Reisterstown. I believe his number is in the book. He was involved as brass head for both of those corps.

Thank you for the info I'll get on it asap!

thanks again!!

I remember CHESAPEAKE!!! I taught ther for 2 weeks (the LAST 2)

Scott Stansfield and Shawn Carpenter are really great brass instructors. I had the honor of teaching with them at the NAVAL ACADEMY...

Duh! Call Jeff Wier...He's the Civilian director of the Naval Academy Drum corps. He's a GOOD guy to have on OUR side...

I remember CHESAPEAKE!!! I taught ther for 2 weeks (the LAST 2)

Scott Stansfield and Shawn Carpenter are really great brass instructors. I had the honor of teaching with them at the NAVAL ACADEMY...

Duh! Call Jeff Wier...He's the Civilian director of the Naval Academy Drum corps. He's a GOOD guy to have on OUR side...

OK i'll get right on it!!! Finding a way to contact them tonight!!! :tongue:

Hello,

I see that you have some color guard experience would you be intereested in assisting and voulnteering some of your time with the color guard? :tongue:

Thanks for your interest.... Though I am not able to help, perhaps my wife (Donna) would be interested. I'll ask her to email you.

Her DC "History"... (All Guard, Rifle and Flag Lines)

Majestic Knights, Charlestown, MA. 1963-1968-69

St. Kevin's Majestic Knights, Dorchester, MA 1969 (Merger of St. Kevin's Emerald Knights and Majestic Knights)

The Renegades, Everett, MA (RCA) 1970-1973

L.I.Sunrisers, L.I.N.Y. 1975-1979, 1981-1984

I'm really happy to hear that a drum corps could be starting up in Maryland! I live in Carroll County myself and have had many friends wishing to march somewhere but unable to travel to the nearest corps. I'll see if I could point some people your way. :satisfied:

I'd like to offer myself as a brass arranger and instructor. I've experience and can send midi files of my samples and can arrange upon request. My strength is also brass instruction, and how to get the most out of a horn-line. Will volunteer if you have the right attitude.

Bruce Linderman

linderbru@msn.com