Tuba Christmas

Tuba Christmas  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Did you Participate

• Yes
    • No

WHY THE #### ARE THERE ALL THESE STUPID THREADS ABOUT BAND ON A WEBSITE ABOUT DRUM CORPS???/////???? WHAT ARE THE INTERNETS COMING TO?????? WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS AND WHY ARE THEY NOT PROTECTING MY PRECIOUS DRUM CORPS ACTIVITY????!11!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY THE #### ARE THERE ALL THESE STUPID THREADS ABOUT BAND ON A WEBSITE ABOUT DRUM CORPS???/////???? WHAT ARE THE INTERNETS COMING TO?????? WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS AND WHY ARE THEY NOT PROTECTING MY PRECIOUS DRUM CORPS ACTIVITY????!11!!!

Wow, man, take a chill pill. You actually contributed to the marching band fee thread, but you're gonna flip out now?

Edited by usmcontra

I went to the one in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Aside from having to play in the misty cold rain outside of the brand new mall because of the administration's concern of the "acoustics" in the mall, it wasn't so bad. Most were ASU students.

We had seven contra players (from the Velvet Knights and SoCal Dream) playing among the 600-plus tubas at Downtown Disney in Anaheim. Just another crummy 62-degree day in December.

Here's a shot of a friend's kid. He's not quite as tall as our contras.

TubaC.jpg

You have a Meinl Weston? Those are amazing horns. Which model do you have? I'm looking into getting one myself.

I have a 2145, about two years old... It plays amazing! The high register sings, the extreme low register can be a tad stuffy, but I get by.

I do not use the thumb ring tho, it would force me to use bad finger technique. What are you looking for in a horn?

I have a 2145, about two years old... It plays amazing! The high register sings, the extreme low register can be a tad stuffy, but I get by.

I do not use the thumb ring tho, it would force me to use bad finger technique. What are you looking for in a horn?

you can use the allen wrench that comes with it to put the ring in a better spot, i have a 2145 too, if yours is two years old then you probably don't have the "BBC mod" i don't know how close you live to baltimore, but if you can, you should bring it in to fedderly's shop and have him do that, makes it an entirely new horn (especially that stuffy lower register you're talking about).

you can use the allen wrench that comes with it to put the ring in a better spot, i have a 2145 too, if yours is two years old then you probably don't have the "BBC mod" i don't know how close you live to baltimore, but if you can, you should bring it in to fedderly's shop and have him do that, makes it an entirely new horn (especially that stuffy lower register you're talking about).

I bought the horn from Lee Stofer who did some work to it and vented the valves for free, and it works fine for me now. I live in WA, what does Fedderly do to the horns?

I bought the horn from Lee Stofer who did some work to it and vented the valves for free, and it works fine for me now. I live in WA, what does Fedderly do to the horns?

Ah, so I just searched TubeNet and found the BBC mod stuff, sounds great!!! How much does he charge? Think I could get the mod while on tour and have him hold onto it for me till I got back home to send back?