A few random questions all rolled up into one...

2. Gripless gloves are nice sometimes, but can get real bad if your hands get wet. Also, if washed with some types of detergents the ones with grips actually make the horn slick feeling because they loose the slight stickiness somehow. My corps uses either old show gloves or baseball/gardening/mechanic gloves for rehearsal, and the grippy ones for shows.

2) Some tuba lines use leather gloves for better grip. Can't blame em.

We used plain cotton gloves in my high-school band and junior corps days. Now I'm a leather glove wearin' contra in all-age corps, and it does make a difference.

Robert

I used grippy gloves in high school, and liked 'em back then, when we didn't change our hand positions on the horn for horn snaps. Then I used gripless gloves in corps, and while the horn felt a little less "secure" in my hands they made horn snaps a lot easier because the horn slides through your hands with no resistance.

In both HS and drum corps I've only ever used the non grip short wristed gloves. Baseball gloves for rehearsal....