Most Butchered you've ever seen a Drum Corps Name

So I was recently thinking about my Highschool's Newspaper Article, in which there was a section about the band, and in it, one of our baritone players said this...

"...the drill is wrote by Leon May, who writes drill for the Drum Corps International BAND The Carolina Crowns

Also I saw on youtube someone refer to bones as - Crossbowmen

So what's the most butchered drum corps name you've seen or heard?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the Blue Knights referred to as the Blue Devils by Mr. Crocker himself following their performance at the Georgia Dome this year. Pretty sure that's butchering it.

On a side-note, in a blog post I had written about auditioning for drum corps, one of my friends replies, telling me that if I work hard enough, I can "get the drum corps."

Edited by Mellofone07

During Macy's Thanksgiving Parade one year:

"The Cadets Drum & Corps"

I heard the Blue Knights referred to as the Blue Devils by Mr. Crocker himself following their performance at the Georgia Dome this year. Pretty sure that's butchering it.

That must of REALLY sucked =X

East Coast Jazz got referred to as the East Coast Jazz Band one time... Jersey Surf got announced as East Coast Jazz at a show in New Jersey once. We were at the gate and got a good laugh out of it... Surf probably didn't though.

Oh yeah, I also remeber Bones getting announced as...

"Tha Crossman Gang"

I think it was in MA - The announcer guy sure was hyped...because when he announced

"The Crossman Gang"

It sounded as if a garbage disposal had been turned on

heard 'Crossman Marching Band' was announced at a parade in 05.

there are also some announcers who go off on personal tangents about the corps on the field, generally happens at the smaller shows with long time announcers, and sometimes they start going off on tangents about a corps that is not on the field, while a different corps is setting up.

a (seemingly major) brass judge in the northwest this past year got 3/4 of the way through calling us "the blue devils" on our tape. i dont march in the blue devils, for those who werent sure.

'06, I think it was in Massachusettes somewhere, I wanna say the Bristol parade but I'm not sure.

"Let's give a huge thank you to the Crossman Drum & Bugle Band from Allentown, PA!!!"