Prayers for David Welch

Even though I've never met David (or maybe I have and just didn't know it...), we've marched with mutual friends, and were in the field of competition and shared instructors in 1985. And shared a disease, in different parts of the body. I wish his story was playing out differently, and can only hope to have half his dignity and grace when my time comes.

Peace be with you David.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I've never met David (or maybe I have and just didn't know it...), we've marched with mutual friends, and were in the field of competition and shared instructors in 1985. And shared a disease, in different parts of the body. I wish his story was playing out differently, and can only hope to have half his dignity and grace when my time comes.

Peace be with you David.

David will fight this. He always has and he always will. Anyone with the ability to be so open with his life, has the ability to look this (once again) in the eye and fight it head on. Is it a tough battle? Yes! Is it a battle that he could potentially lose? Maybe. BUT... David has this one thing about him that I learned when we marched together in the early 80s... when somebody says "no" he says "why not?"... when somebody says "no" again, he says... "watch me!"

Why do you think his nickname is Primo?

We've got your 6 Primo. Fight! Don't ever give up! Fight!

For Holy Name ...

Eric Sabach

The Cadets (many, many of us, anyway) are visiting David's mother's house in Annandale, VA on Saturday at 1pm to sing "Holy Name" with him one more time. All Cadets are invited. The more the merrier.

David's mother thinks it will be great, and when she told him about it, he was apparently delighted beyond words. People are coming from all over the place, so if you need a ride, it is definitely possible. Visit the event page on Facebook for more details: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106945895384

The Cadets (many, many of us, anyway) are visiting David's mother's house in Annandale, VA on Saturday at 1pm to sing "Holy Name" with him one more time. All Cadets are invited. The more the merrier.

David's mother thinks it will be great, and when she told him about it, he was apparently delighted beyond words. People are coming from all over the place, so if you need a ride, it is definitely possible. Visit the event page on Facebook for more details: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106945895384

It's this kind of spontaneous gesture of love and community that affirms once again how truly meaningful and powerful the drum corps experience is in the life of those who have been a part of it. What a beautiful thing this is.

A moving report on the Holy Name Sing in honor of David Welch can be found on his website, www.38lemon.con and also on the visitor's page on the Holy Name Alumni website, wwwtheholynamecadets.org

Thank you for all the messages from members of corps with whom we are, and have been, honored to share memories and friendships over the years.

God Bless David Welch.

For Holy Name shall always be.