Where did you sleep on the bus?

This REALLY helped the night go by quickly! However, when that wasn't the case, I slept under the seats or in the isle. Vertical positioning was just not my forte! Wherever I could get horizontal, it happened at the expense of dirt flying off of shoes when people passed by, or suffocation under the seats, esp. at the higher altitudes. The air conditioning made me itch badly at times, albeit, it was a blessing most of the time.

Yeah... our air conditioners worked pretty good, too... when the guys sitting next to the windows would open them far enough for us all to get some air. :thumbup:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In LIK we had three hammocks strung diagonally across the aisle. I often slept in one of those. By far the most comfortable sleeping place on the bus, as long as you weren't prone to sea sickness....those things would sway quite a lot. I loved it, I was just rocked to sleep. :)

Otherwise I was generally a seat sleeper.

Peace,

CuriousMe

The first three years, in the seat. After a couple bus accidents, though, I became one of those people who stayed up talking to the driver all night.

Remember when Munoz fell asleep in 73 going through Nebraska? Good times, GOOD TIMES!

I slept both on the floor and in the seat. My seat partner and I would alternate nights. The floor was much better than the seat although it could get pretty warm.

Remember when Munoz fell asleep in 73 going through Nebraska? Good times, GOOD TIMES!

Yup... that's when a bunch of us (you, too, I recall) started staying up playing cards with him. My band kids don't know whether to believe me when I tell them stories like this!

Usually in a seat.

Although one time I didn't have a seat. Our lead instructor decided that the instructors would have a bus of their own. By doing this they eliminated seats for several members.

When we got to Nevada...someplace... I asked if I can have a seat on THEIR bus. He replied that no, that was restricted. I complained that I and others too didn't have a seat and if I didn't get a seat they'd be seeing a few holes ... and the first one would've been my former spot.

He quickly changed his mind and I got my seat in the back of the bus. You should've seen that stampede!

Nancy

I slept both on the floor and in the seat. My seat partner and I would alternate nights. The floor was much better than the seat although it could get pretty warm.

With three buses, we hardly ever had to, but there were some members like Sullivan from our rifle section who were just too tall to sleep sitting up! Hence…

SleepSullivan.jpg

And I've got a ton of people sleeping on our trips.

I must have been an insomniac!

Puppet

Floor. Towards the back above the transmission. Our AC always seemed to only work in two modes. Hell or Arctic. It was warm there and you got used to the hum... it would put you too sleep. Just had to be ready when someone walking the arm rests slipped and fell on you. Only happend a few times and a couple were guard girls. Didn't break my heart to catch em. :tongue:

Edited by WWonka