Non-scored first shows?

Please, please...

Don't give corps any more reason to be ill-prepared for their first show. We should *want* people to show up and PAY for tickets in June. This has the effect of further shortening the competitive season, and encourages corps to be incomplete for public viewing / sale. It is a trend that we need to reverse, not encourage.

This is so true. I sat on the production committee that traditionally has a first or second week show. 30 years + now! They regularly draw 4000 to 5000 people. And the show makes money for a charity.

How do they do it with some of the shows not complete with all movements (I will not use the term "finished"). First, low price tickets, lots of selling of ads (it is for charity) and some of us crazy drum corps fanatics like to see the early shows. We saw the Cadets when they played "Through the Looking Glass" and the door was not even painted yet!

I saw the same show about a month later (maybe Louisville) and the show was much different.

But I think all movements should be on the field by the first show, regardless. Paying fans should get to see the whole show.

Dr. Jim

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty irrelevant since at most first shows, each corps is pretty much placed exactly where they were the year before. That's what happened at Annapolis last year, where that was one of the few, if not only, times where the Bluecoats beat the Cadets. And, more importantly, it's just the first show. It's the judge's comments that matter more to the corps in the long run, since there are many shows after that one.