A Spartan Invitation

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True.
"Though im breaking the rules myself at the moment, as a member of Spartans ... If" ... [EDIT: Fill name in the blank here] ... "is actually a member of Spartans and honestly beleive what he or she said.......than they completly missed the point of belonging to the organization."

"Et tu, Brute?"

Hmm ... "What goes around comes around" ... ?

May those who quote this as truth think about the fact it then must also apply to themselves ...

I'm sorry ... I don't know you, but I know where I can find the name that goes with these initials ... I've been known to pay pretty close attention to details in my life ... it has actually saved my life a few times ...

I really wish you and everyone else here only the best.

I cannot tell all of you how sad all of this makes me. The more I read, the more I think ... change can be a good thing.

I will be signing off DCP now. Not sure if, or when, I will be back.

I want to leave you with the most important lesson my old instructor ever taught me ... it has been a life-long lesson ... and I am still learning it ...

"Corpsmanship begins and ends with what you think about yourself and others."

Edited by oldguard

"Et tu, Brute?"

May those who quote this as truth think about the fact it then must also apply to themselves ...

I'm sorry ... I don't know you, but I know where I can find the name that goes with these initials ... I've been know to pay pretty close attention to details in my life ... it has actually saved my life a few times ...

I cannot tell all of you how sad all of this makes me. The more I read, the more I think ... change can be a good thing.

I want to leave you with the most important lesson my old instuctor ever taught me ... it has been a life-long lesson ... and I am still learning it ...

AMEN Oldguard - AMEN :cool:

You would rather see a corps collapse and fall instead of succeed and become great. If you guys were former staff members making these posts you SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!

All that you taught at Spartans has been made jibberish to the students you used to teach if you are to make posts that could doom the organization. And shame on former members posting against the corps that gave them the experiences of their life.

That goes for any corps not just Spartans. Grow up and get over the fact that you have no control over the organization anymore.

PATHETIC.

If I'm reading these post correctly, It doesn't sound like we are talking about the drum corps rather then the Administration. From what I've been reading as well as hearing the Spartans are NO longer the Dynasty that they once were, The past is gone and the Administration will have to figure it out.

Not matter what any of you say the situation is what it is, and The 2008 Spartans ARE NO LONGER the same drum corps that Won last year..

Edited by Caesar

Oldguard's posts always make me laugh.

Happy to have been of service to you, Mr. TSRTS13. You've given me a few chuckles, too.

Yeah, well, I fixed the typo. Details, details ...

Fortunately, I have also always been able to laugh at myself. That has saved me a few times, too.

Have a good life, DCP-ers! Carry on. :cool:

"Et tu, Brute?"

I'm sorry ... I don't know you, but I know where I can find the name that goes with these initials ... I've been known to pay pretty close attention to details in my life ... it has actually saved my life a few times ...

I want to leave you with the most important lesson my old instructor ever taught me ... it has been a life-long lesson ... and I am still learning it ...

Wait...I thought MCA was Adam Yauch. You mean to tell me one of the Beastie Boys marched drum corps??

Wait...I thought MCA was Adam Yauch. You mean to tell me one of the Beastie Boys marched drum corps??

You and your friend ... both good baritone players, decent marching skills, showed a lot of class on the field ...

Thanks for some really nice performances. I enjoyed them very much.

Best of luck to both of you teaching at your new corps.

Edited by oldguard

It seems to me all of this arguing and bickering has gotten a bit off track. Whether or not we take the words of NoDuttingOutLoud or the responses of others as true, we need to re-focus and gather what we can. There is no doubt that there is still a serious problem here. As earlier mentioned in this thread, the Spartans was a very classy organization all around. Never once have i seen an announced member of the Spartan organization speak about the corps or about any other corps in a good or bad manner, except for our fellow Beastie Boy up there, before the past several weeks. (As we can all see, even a positive post can turn to bad on here) From my observations, some of the people on both sides of the argument are in fact Spartans alum. To lose all of that class and for all of this chaos to break loose, something VERY serious must have gone on between affiliates of the organization in recent weeks/months what have you. That is a FACT. If we take what NoDuttingOutLoud is saying as truth, we have a very plausible explanation for all of this, that matches the current level of hysteria. After observing this thread since its existence and other previous threads, I can tell this corps has been in the danger zone for a few weeks now. If you guys want to argue at least start on some solid footing which I have just provided. Learn how to read between the lines. Re-focus. Logic is key. Go from there. Find truth for yourself.

Or for safety's sake, just don't argue at all.