Attn GREEN LANCERS Alumni

Cainan

Just to let you all know that a monumental meeting took place last night in Warrington and it has been decided that a Green Lancers Alumni Corps will be formed in the next few months in Warrington. As many of you know 2008 would have been the 30th anniversary of the DCUK Championship winning corps from Warrington. Initial plans are to see how many people are interested, and take it from there. Initial (very rough) plans are to do some standstill ensemble performances and possibly Warrington Walking Day. After that, who knows. We have not even ruled out the possibility of a DCE competing corps in the future. Whilst this is a Green Lancers alumni project, all are welcome. I will stress however that if you are of marching age for junior corps we would like to stress that we in no way want to deprive the local junior activity of potential members.

If you are a former Green Lancers alum, or would like to be involved, please do not hesitate to contact me or alternatively, drop us an email at greenlancersalumni@hotmail.co.uk.

• 1 month later...

Second meeting last night. Further progress to report shortly. But what I can say is that this is definitely gonna happen. Wont be overnight but it definitely IS gonna happen. The idea of taking the group competitive was also discussed and all are in agreement that this was a good thing after the initial alumni grouping. If you are Green Lancers (or any) alumni and would like to be involved in this venture, please dont hesitate to contact me here at the site (PM will do) and get me your details so I can add you to the database.

• 4 weeks later...
Second meeting last night. Further progress to report shortly. But what I can say is that this is definitely gonna happen. Wont be overnight but it definitely IS gonna happen. The idea of taking the group competitive was also discussed and all are in agreement that this was a good thing after the initial alumni grouping. If you are Green Lancers (or any) alumni and would like to be involved in this venture, please dont hesitate to contact me here at the site (PM will do) and get me your details so I can add you to the database.

Hello Cainan,

I very rarely visit the International Forum but stmbled across your post, this is the first I have heard of a possibe Green Lancers Alumni Corps or even meeting and I am local to Warrington

As a former member could I ask if it would generate more interest to post on either the unofficial UK Drum Corps Forum http://drumcorpsuk.boomp.com/ or via the main DCUK homepage http://www.dcuk.org.uk (I know Alan Thompson would gladly post something on the site) or via the BYBA site http://www.byba.org.uk or even on the unofficial Green Lancers Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18005594640 or even the WDCA Warrington Drum Corps Alumni page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7615800324

I have posted these sites as I think you have far more chance of incentivising people with an interest in a British Drum Corps via English websites, this is potentially an exciting development I am still heavily involved in the Marching Activity in the UK and my time is very limited but it would be great to see the Lancers back out in any shape or form

Best regards,

John McNamara

• 1 month later...

Thanks John for the advice. I will definitely take that on board. We are still in the very early planning stages. PLease PM Me and I will give you my mobile number. Would love to have a chat with you.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

YES... This is still happening.

Latest developments are...

We have instruments (they are on loan but it is somewhere to start)

The Green Lancers Reunion

will be held on 14th November 08, 7:30 PM at The Penketh Tavern which was the Penketh & Sankey British Legion, I will be posting an advert in the Warrington Guardian. Tickets £5 in advance or at the door. There will be a full bar! For more info please contact us by email at greenlancersalumni@hotmail.co.uk

In the relatively medium term...We plan to compete... Probably DCE.

Design team coming together nicely.

Website will be up soon.

What we dont have is... Money. Looking for sponsorships and unique, effecive fundraising ideas. Any ideas welcomed!