Is the SCV Tilt Back?

awesome.

~>conner

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I like the tilt - just looks bad - always. I do understand the reasoning behind it but it still looks bad.

At least SCV is still using good drums. Can't believe Phantom sold out like BD and will be using caca drums (Dynasty).

Well, when the corps' budget is YOUR responsibility, you can make that judgement.

Dynasty made a sweet deal. Can't blame PR for going there.

Well, when the corps' budget is YOUR responsibility, you can make that judgement.

Dynasty made a sweet deal. Can't blame PR for going there.

Maybe they should concentrate on making sweet drums instead of deals.

Pure Gold.

Okay, I definitely don't want to bring this up to beat a dead horse, but... I have a question to the people who say that with playing traditional grip the snare should be tilted because it is the natural and proper orientation for the left hand. But what about the right hand? Doesn't the tilted snare then cause the right hand to improperly strike the drum? Or are you supposed to hit the drum on an angle with the right hand? Just curious.

The lower right hand position lets you relax your arm instead of having to raise your whole elbow.

tilt=pwness

Ouch, they're going to feel that in the morning...

The lower right hand position lets you relax your arm instead of having to raise your whole elbow.

tilt=pwness

Sorry, but that didn't answer my questions. Anyone else care to take a stab at it?

I have a question to the people who say that with playing traditional grip the snare should be tilted because it is the natural and proper orientation for the left hand. But what about the right hand? Doesn't the tilted snare then cause the right hand to improperly strike the drum? Or are you supposed to hit the drum on an angle with the right hand? Just curious.

My point here is, the right hand is supposed to have a vertical (up and down) motion. If the snare is tilted... (see above questions).

Sorry, but that didn't answer my questions. Anyone else care to take a stab at it?

I have a question to the people who say that with playing traditional grip the snare should be tilted because it is the natural and proper orientation for the left hand. But what about the right hand? Doesn't the tilted snare then cause the right hand to improperly strike the drum? Or are you supposed to hit the drum on an angle with the right hand? Just curious.

My point here is, the right hand is supposed to have a vertical (up and down) motion. If the snare is tilted... (see above questions).

The wrist motion doesn't change.

Pretend you are playing a flat snare. Now, move your upper arm from sticking out sideways (which is how you have to play on a flat snare) to letting it hang next to your body. Your forearm naturally rotates so that it is in the plane of the stroke. Yes the stick motion is angled relative to the ground (perpendicular to the head), but the wrist isn't doing anything differently.

when you relax your arm and let your hand fall, with that your wrist will turn, causing the motion of hitting the drum to naturally go sat an angle.