Is the SCV Tilt Back?

Actually, by 1975 or 76, nearly every snare line was flat. Its kind of ironic that flat occurred while slings were still the norm, & before the snare carrier became popular in 79 & 80. I can't remember a snare line that was tilt between 75 & , well, through the 80's. I guess the Bridgemen still had a slight tilt until they finally gave in & went to carriers a couple of years before there demise.

To me the tilt is a distraction that completely destroys the look & symmetry of a snare line.

But thats just me...

I had no idea that people played flat with a harness. Check out this SWEET video.

Edited by MGCpimpOtimp

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<youtube link>

I had no idea that people played flat with a harness. Check out this SWEET video.

That won't be here long...

Edited by Vanguard07

They will be clean, aggressive, musical, and clean.

Not to Mention CLEAN! :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
Any word on how the line is this year?! Looking forward to that classic SCV sound :)

Im no expert, but it is AWESOME! Their first movement is just amazing but their drum feature is likely to be in the 2nd movement which I haven't heard yet.

Im no expert, but it is AWESOME! Their first movement is just amazing but their drum feature is likely to be in the 2nd movement which I haven't heard yet.

The drum feature from SCV this year is going to be amazing, I can't wait to see it.

SCV has a history of being in the top ranks of all DCI drumlines and I'm sure this year will be no different. I have to say that I'd prefer not to see the tilt. Just my personal preference.

I marched in the time when everyone made the switch from straps to carriers and I can honestly say carriers are so much better! I believe SCV was among the first if not THE first to use snare carriers. 1979 I think - Slingerland 12x15" TDRs - in red AND a 12 man snare line!!!! - played with matched grip! They did narrowly win the drumline title that year - maybe a tick over North Star. I personally think North Star had a slightly easier book but they were incredible! The Chrome Wall!...

Edited by BigSnareline

I found this site for Big Snare's thread but I thought it would be good here. Shows a timeline and here it shows that SCV was the first to use carriers in 1973 http://www.edrumline.com/articles/drumlines-greatest-moments

I found this site for Big Snare's thread but I thought it would be good here. Shows a timeline and here it shows that SCV was the first to use carriers in 1973 http://www.edrumline.com/articles/drumlines-greatest-moments

EDrumline used to be a great site but has gone downhill recently. Too Bad. :thumbup: