DCP-I 9 Season Discussion

Will have scores up tomorrow morning, the snow storms in Charlotte caused the internet to go down right after the show. (IE, I just got back from the Tigers game and am very tired/drunk :guinesssmilie: )

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome show last night in Orlando with 32 corps!! ..wow..what a way to start the season. Another successful Southern Star...thanks to all the corps that came. Hope you enjoyed it and will come back next season.

Cup awards will be posted later today on the Southern Star Cup thread.

Interesting weather coming. So are we going to be marching in the snow in Charlotte tonight??

Kosmos looks forward to closing that 6 point gap... :guinesssmilie:

So do we get to see full recaps this year or just the sums for each caption group?

So do we get to see full recaps this year or just the sums for each caption group?

My proposal of "Condensed Recap" passed.

I thought it was decided, that after a certain amount of shows, that a full recap would be posted. The reason for the condensed recap was to eliminate the potential "cheating" or blatant copying. It's a lot harder to tell who is using what captions right now, especially in the Music and Visual captions.

I think after every "caption change" or cut off, he said he would post recaps. I would be happy with posting recaps at focus shows only.

Scores have been posted.

As far as posting full recaps... I will post the full recaps for the Focus Shows (Regionals, The 2 focus shows during the season and Finals week), and the week prior to Finals. If I were to post full recaps after every caption change, I would be posting recaps every day...

If you make a big caption change and want to know your own personal recap, you can PM me and I will send it to you.... unless everyone and their mom starts PMing me, then I will just switch back to posting full recaps for every show.

Scores have been posted.

As far as posting full recaps... I will post the full recaps for the Focus Shows (Regionals, The 2 focus shows during the season and Finals week), and the week prior to Finals. If I were to post full recaps after every caption change, I would be posting recaps every day...

If you make a big caption change and want to know your own personal recap, you can PM me and I will send it to you.... unless everyone and their mom starts PMing me, then I will just switch back to posting full recaps for every show.

I think posting up for the big shows is fine, and all we really need. I suppose if you tell us which dates you are using right now, we can go in and tabulate our own scores (minus generated results--in which we could just get our own general idea).

Todays scores were based on these days: 6/17/06 and 6/16/07

Todays scores were based on these days: 6/17/06 and 6/16/07

I take it that the rest of the scores will be based on specifif days of the 2006 and 2007 tour?

I take it that the rest of the scores will be based on specifif days of the 2006 and 2007 tour?

Correct, that is why we chose corps and those respective seasons. On days when a specific corps you chose did not compete, you will earn a "generated" score based on the trend in how that corps has performed in previous seasons and the current season (it's an equation used that none of us know).

But because Jeff used a specific set of days today, does not mean he will use the succeeding days tomorrow. At anytime, he can move throughout the season. I just asked about today, so I could reference where the points came from... I was about right.