DCI age rule proposal

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know. Or else this years ceremony would have been pretty lousy since there would be no age outs. :rolleyes:

If you're currently on schedule to age out this summer, you're going to, no matter what.

The rule won't take effect until 2009.

So would I get to age-out twice? My 21st birthday is May 24. Under the current rule, I am aging out; I will turn 22 before June 1st, 2009, so I will not get to march in 2009.

Under the new rule, since I will not be turning 23 until after January 1, 2010, I could march in 2009, but not 2010 because that's the year I turn 23. Hence under the new rule 2009 would be my ageout. How lucky, that's when the rule goes into effect.

why can't i just age out.....i should have taken at least one of my seven years off

....by the way that was a joke...the second part anyways

I would hate to be an age out from last season if this rule passes, just cause that means you woulda had a chance at an extra season but it was just outta reach because it doesn't go into effect until 2009.

Basically, if your 22nd birthday falls between January 1st and May 31st you loss that summer to march. If you're 22nd birthday fell between June 1st and Dec 31st you get to march that summer and the proposed rule means nothing to you.

So this proposed rule really only impacts DCI members and hopefuls with b-days between Jan 1st and May 31st.

DCI should have passed this rule the same year they increased the limit to 150 members. I think some corps are going to have a hard time finding 12 to 16 contras to march and this would have allowed an easier transition.

Just my 2 cents.

BackBeat