Openings

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would have to talk to the corps directly about that. A lot depends on the location of the corps and the competition schedule. the size of the corps matters as well. It will be more expensive for a corps to travel with a bus half full than for a corps with a full bus. There's also the types of vehicles used in the caravan. tractor trailers versus wagons, rental tractors, as well as the MPG of each vehicle. You won't find the nit-picky answers you're looking for on this forum.

My suggestion is to contact the corps directly and get a run-down of what comes out of the tour fees.

The questions were meant to be rhetorical. Just asking Purpleknights definition of 'bang'. I already realize the points you have made. These were not at all meant to be nit-picky by any means. You needn't be defensive. Many that can not afford higher tour fees may be looking for a less expensive alternative with a corps. that is a quality operation. After their showing last season they have shown they can be competitive. Not everyone can afford $1200.00 plus tour fees even with greater 'amenities' provided by some corps.. Not to say 7th doesn't provide them as well. For all I know every one is equal in the eyes of the potential member or their family. I was originally just asking if anyone had found a corps. with a lesser fee structure to offer potential members. No more, no less.

I know Fever would love some more contras and Baris/Euphs.

Quite a few trumpets and mellos, but I'm sure they'd welcome more.

not being defensive, just answering your question. It's quite difficult to understand a question being rhetorical when one cannot hear or see the person asking. I suggest using one of our emoticons to better express the desired flow of speech you want to use so it can be better understood. Given your post count I would assume that you're new to these here forums, so with that I say welcome! :thumbup:

The questions were meant to be rhetorical. Just asking Purpleknights definition of 'bang'. I already realize the points you have made. These were not at all meant to be nit-picky by any means. You needn't be defensive. Many that can not afford higher tour fees may be looking for a less expensive alternative with a corps. that is a quality operation. After their showing last season they have shown they can be competitive. Not everyone can afford $1200.00 plus tour fees even with greater 'amenities' provided by some corps.. Not to say 7th doesn't provide them as well. For all I know every one is equal in the eyes of the potential member or their family. I was originally just asking if anyone had found a corps. with a lesser fee structure to offer potential members. No more, no less.

CAPITAL SOUND is still recruiting:

Brass (Baritones - 5, Contras - 2)

Guard

Our tour fee is $950, but we are also participating in 20 DCI competitions plus championships week. This year's tour includes Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Missouri, Nebraska - plus 3 DCI Majors, some incredible shows in the midwest, and free-days in Kansas City and Orlando.

This is an opportunity to be a part of our continued growth, and to march drum corps in Madison.

For more information: www.capsound.org

vk could use some more brass and cymbal players just cause we want more :guinesssmilie: