Wouldn't it Be Nice

No not a reference to the Beach Boys.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the US Open, World Open and American-International Open back?

Although, I have never been to any of those shows, I remember them, historicaly. I think if we want shows like that to come back, we should first try rubbing one of these:

three_wishes.jpg

Edited by Old School Contra Guy

Yes, but you need more than the 20 corps that are left for three great shows.

My first trip to Marion.....after we competed a bunch of us stayed to watch the rest of A Class Prelims and then went to the stadium the next morning to watch Open class prelims for the entire day. I definitely fell in love with drum corps those few days in Marion. I think we went to breakfast at Marion Cadet Hall before prelims. What a community!

Yes, but you need more than the 20 corps that are left for three great shows.

Hey, not to mention Danny Thomas Invitational or the Heart Fund and even the CYO Nationals.

And I'm not going to open up the VFW or American Legion can 'o worms.

And OMG! There are only 20 Drum Corps left? There used to be that many in NYC alone!

I thought that those Corps in the Championships every year, that they were at least the cream of the crop - you mean there is no crop?

Wow!

Puppet

The crop was changed every year, seemingly without regard for the condition of the soil. Little to no money was used to improve the underlying conditions and it became increasingly expensive to till the soil every year. The result of this is that each year's crop yield was less than the prior year(fewer plants survived). We let it go so long, that now we don't have enough money for fertilizer (of the TV composition).

The truly great harvests are now gone, and we are stuggling just to survive.

The crop was changed every year, seemingly without regard for the condition of the soil. Little to no money was used to improve the underlying conditions and it became increasingly expensive to till the soil every year. The result of this is that each year's crop yield was less than the prior year(fewer plants survived). We let it go so long, that now we don't have enough money for fertilizer (of the TV composition).

WOW! Nicely put!

So. Either that is a lot of fertilizer or a great answer to a fundamentally mundane question.

Also WOW!

Puppet

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?

Then we wouldn't have to wait so long

And wouldn't it be nice to live together

In the kind of world where we belong

You know its gonna make it that much better

When we can say goodnight and stay together

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up

In the morning when the day is new

And after having spent the day together

Hold each other close the whole night through

The happy times together we've been spending

I wish that every kiss was never ending...

Wouldn't it be nice?

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray... it might come true

Baby, then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do...

We could be married and then we'd be happy,

Wouldn't it be nice?

You know it seems the more we talk about it

It only makes it worse to live without it

But let's talk about it...

Wouldn't it be nice?