Instructor's caucus

Not necessarily -- the original quote was a long time ago (in DCP-time), so it could easily be innocently mis-remembered.

It was "mis-remembered" that way by the anti-acoustic side the second it was uttered.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does knowing people for decades have to do with being professional? Does that mean Senator Kennedy can deliver a speech on the Senate floor that rambles and has no point to it? (oops, bad example :tongue:)

Not really. Look at the approval rating of the Congress. They could stand to use less rambling.

It was "mis-remembered" that way by the anti-acoustic side the second it was uttered.

You mis-underestimated us....

But you don't matter, nor do I or anyonew else outside the process. As long as the BOD and instructors know what is being said, what's the problem?

Not much, other than it representing one more disconnect between the way DCI's inner circle operates and the standards the rest of the world strives to maintain.

Actually, it is noted on the Music Ensemble sheet.

This is actually the first time I can recall anybody stating this, even when I have asked recent corps staff members about it. Do we know that marks for this are up/down based on amplification? If a corps goes out and the amplification is all screwed up, do they appropriately get hammered on this section? I defer to other people who have done much more analysis than I have when they claim there appears to be no difference in scores.

From my observations, it is still not being judged appropriately. The "free pass" for technical problems is still being practiced.

The only difference is that creating a criterion that specifically mentions amps forces corps to use amps to earn full credit....which might explain why 21 of 21 world-class units now have amps.

From my observations, it is still not being judged appropriately. The "free pass" for technical problems is still being practiced.

The only difference is that creating a criterion that specifically mentions amps forces corps to use amps to earn full credit....which might explain why 21 of 21 world-class units now have amps.

from what I'm reading...make that 20 of 20.

'scades, we knew thee well.

Heck, why not have a Fans' Caucus too? (since members and fans are also affected by any rules changes.)

I'll chair it. And just for balance I want Mike D on the panel, too.

Garry in Vegas