Destination: Day Off

Location, location, location  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Where Would You Spend Your Day Off?

• Major City
    • Beach
    • Large Shopping Mall
    • National Park
    • Major Sporting Event
    • Other

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a full free day in Chicago back in 2005. I had just been there two years ago to visit some family, but it was definitly much more enjoyable being with corps friends and no parental supervision.

I would go to a major city. I'd never been to Washington, D.C. in my life until this past summer when we had a free day there after the Annapolis show. My friends and I managed to make it to the White House and different monuments/memorials in the three hour time slot before heading to the Union Station shopping complex.

The beach is awesome over the summer, show off your tan and chill in the water...malls are good too though

I hated malls on free days.

who wants to walk around all day on a day off when that's what you do every day on tour anyhow? I really disliked that.

I voted the beach. :)

my corps doesn't allow us to go swimming...but that'd be my vote if i could

may I ask why? :tongue: (genuinely curious...not harm intended)

may I ask why? :shutup: (genuinely curious...not harm intended)

Probably safety concerns.

Amusement parks can be good or bad in my experience. In '04 we went to King's Island and it was awesome. In '05 we went to some Six Flags in Kentucky and it was almost 100 degrees, there were few good rides, and the place was full of drunk rednecks. And our guard staff quit that day...

Beaches are good, but not as good if it takes you an hour to drive to them when you're less than 2 miles away, which is what happened in '05 (anyone sense a theme?)

So I'll have to go for major cities. Cadets went to Boston, Chicago and Boulder (in that order) in '06. My activities centered around eating massive amounts of good food (lobster in Boston, steak in Chicago, Mexican in Boulder) and otherwise just sitting around. Excellent.

Amusement parks can be good or bad in my experience. In '04 we went to King's Island and it was awesome. In '05 we went to some Six Flags in Kentucky and it was almost 100 degrees, there were few good rides, and the place was full of drunk rednecks. And our guard staff quit that day...

Beaches are good, but not as good if it takes you an hour to drive to them when you're less than 2 miles away, which is what happened in '05 (anyone sense a theme?)

So I'll have to go for major cities. Cadets went to Boston, Chicago and Boulder (in that order) in '06. My activities centered around eating massive amounts of good food (lobster in Boston, steak in Chicago, Mexican in Boulder) and otherwise just sitting around. Excellent.

Agreed on amusement parks...hit ot miss. Just happened that the two I went to over the 3 years I marched were Cedar Point and Disneyland (CA, not Orlando.) Both great! Boston and SF were both great for the same reasons you mentioned.