***Freelancers Alumni & Friends Horn Rehearsals***

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m glad to see that the Freelancers are back. I’ve always enjoyed your corp. next to BD, Spirit of Atlanta, Madison Scouts, Velvet Knights. I especially enjoyed the 1979 show. That's the show I think of when I think of Freelancers. When I show people drum corp, I let them hear that.

Welcome back as an alumni corp.

Edited by En929

*Bump*

I just replied to a PM from Brian. I marched with him in the '70's. I had joined the yahoo alumni group because I saw it in Mike Nash's and Brians sigs. However I became confused and unsubscribed from the group. I wasn't sure that this was for non-freelancer alumni. However, Brian, in his PM suggested you might need a sop player. I don't know that I am ready to play again, I just picked up my trumpet a few days ago, and am trying to rebuild my chops, but I want to keep my options open.

Are you trying to create an all-age corps, just get together and play, or are you just seeing what happens?

edit:

Also, I notice that the web page says bring your own horn, are you using G Bugles or trumpets etc?

Edited by jdostie

Hi jdostie,

The hornline gig is for Alumni & friends so you're welcome to join. The Yahoo group is mainly alumni but you're welcome to join if you don't mind listening to all our stories about being on tour with Freelancers.

At this point we're getting together to play for fun and seeing what happens. We'll most likely be playing for the Freelancers reunion in the summer but other than that, we don't have any other gigs right now. We're just trying to gauge interest and see how many people will stick with it and see what we can make of it. Would love it if you showed up!

Most of the horn players have G Bugles but John Z is writing music for both so you can certainly bring a trumpet if you like. All sheet music can be found on the Media page of www.freelancers.org

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Hope to see you at the next rehearsal!

Cheers,

~K~

• 2 weeks later...

The SoCal Freelancers group is starting up!!!

Title: SoCal Alumni & Friends Horn Rehearsal

Date: Monday March 17th, 2008

Time: 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.

Repeats: The event repeats every other week.

Street: 5400 Cochran Street

City State Zip: Simi Valley, CA 93063

Notes: BYOH (Bring Your own horn)

============ ========= ========= ========= ========= =======

From the East (San Fernando Valley)...

From the 405 (San Diego) Freeway or the 5 (Golden State) Freeway, take the 118 (Ronald Reagan) Freeway west to the Yosemite Avenue Exit and turn left. Proceed to Cochran Street, turn right; proceed to Stow Street (1 block). The school is on the southwest corner of Cochran and Stow (5400 Cochran Street).

From the West...

From the 101 (Ventura) Freeway, take the 23 (Fillmore) Freeway north to the 118 (Ronald Reagan) Freeway east. Exit at Stearns Street and turn right. Proceed to Cochran Street and turn left. The school will be a half block down on your right.

Parking: Use the parking lot that is on the corner of Cochran and Stow. You can turn in to the lot off of Cochran or turn south on Stow and turn in to the lot at the opening. The band room is on the left when you enter the main walkway. We'll have signs and/or greeters. It's not hard to find.

Yeah. Great news!!!

The SoCal Freelancers group is starting up!!!

Title: SoCal Alumni & Friends Horn Rehearsal

Date: Monday March 17th, 2008

Time: 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.

Repeats: The event repeats every other week.

Street: 5400 Cochran Street

City State Zip: Simi Valley, CA 93063

Notes: BYOH (Bring Your own horn)

============ ========= ========= ========= ========= =======

From the East (San Fernando Valley)...

From the 405 (San Diego) Freeway or the 5 (Golden State) Freeway, take the 118 (Ronald Reagan) Freeway west to the Yosemite Avenue Exit and turn left. Proceed to Cochran Street, turn right; proceed to Stow Street (1 block). The school is on the southwest corner of Cochran and Stow (5400 Cochran Street).

From the West...

From the 101 (Ventura) Freeway, take the 23 (Fillmore) Freeway north to the 118 (Ronald Reagan) Freeway east. Exit at Stearns Street and turn right. Proceed to Cochran Street and turn left. The school will be a half block down on your right.

Parking: Use the parking lot that is on the corner of Cochran and Stow. You can turn in to the lot off of Cochran or turn south on Stow and turn in to the lot at the opening. The band room is on the left when you enter the main walkway. We'll have signs and/or greeters. It's not hard to find.