***Freelancers Alumni & Friends Horn Rehearsals***

Carl Allison's recap of last night's SoCal crew:

Well we had another good rehearsal. We picked up two more horn players, 1 baritone guest, Peter; and 1 Alumni Steve Clemmons. We warmed up to several selections from the Freelancer Basics Horn book. Many of you may remember this brass study guide that has all of the practice exercises and technique tips. This has been transcribed using Finale Notepad and converted to PDF and will be available on the website soon. I passed out copies of several pages tonight for a blast from the past. For those who have not played in 20 - 25 years or so, this brass guide will be a great way to bring your chops back into full swing.

After warm ups, we spent time on Ave Maria. I must say the more I hear that tune, the prettier it gets. Kudos to John for such a beautiful arrangement.

We also spent time working! The Kiss. Yet another beautiful sound from the horn line tonight. We had nice round tones.

After 20 minutes of Ave Maria and the Kiss, we went on to Bellavia. I can't say enough about the richness of the sound coming out of the contra section. We worked on tone quality and dynamics.

We finished going through Malaga tonight. The swing section was beginning to swing. Tempos were down a bit so that everyone was sure to hit all of the notes. We played all the way through top to bottom.

The evening ending with a warm down, and off to the pizzeria.

A good time was had by all.

Sacramento crew is up tonight! :blush:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl Allison's recap of last night's SoCal crew:

So Carl, Did you guys go eat again??