Predictions for Scholastic World?

Now that James Logan's out of the picture as far as wgi goes, anyone have any predictions for who will win Dayton this year for SW?

Flanagan's currently an 86.5 from Pensacola. I know that Avon has their first regional this weekend, so they don't have an official score yet. Cheshire seems like another contender, but I don't know if Miamisburg will catch up?

Flanagan's show seems very well constructed; I had the privalege of seeing it in Pensacola and their finals run was impeccable. They seem to have a real connection with the audience and the crowd loves them. Haven't seen Avon's show yet but does anyone know if it's going up on replay this weekend? I'm excited to see it.

Miamisburg's show was the one about bells, right? Anyone seen Cheshire's show?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheshire's show has improved by leaps and bounds and they were FANTASTIC at the Trumbull Regional!

They do a lot of mirror image stuff - it's very cool!

I think it's still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to call, but I think from a design standpoint, Avon, CG and Miamisburg will have an edge on Flanagan. I think those 4 with the addition of Arcadia will be fighting for the Top 5. . .I don't see Cheshire cracking into this group. They'll probably be in the 6-10 range.

I think the picture will become a bit more clear after the Dayton Regional

Avon, 'Burg and CG have all been scoring in the mid 80's in their respective circuits....and those circuits scores are usually pretty close to how they score in WGI. It will be fun to watch!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Now that James Logan's out of the picture as far as wgi goes, anyone have any predictions for who will win Dayton this year for SW?

Flanagan's currently an 86.5 from Pensacola. I know that Avon has their first regional this weekend, so they don't have an official score yet. Cheshire seems like another contender, but I don't know if Miamisburg will catch up?

Flanagan's show seems very well constructed; I had the privalege of seeing it in Pensacola and their finals run was impeccable. They seem to have a real connection with the audience and the crowd loves them. Haven't seen Avon's show yet but does anyone know if it's going up on replay this weekend? I'm excited to see it.

Miamisburg's show was the one about bells, right? Anyone seen Cheshire's show?

I wish I had been able to go to the Pensacola show. A friend of mine went and he thought Choctaw had a very nice show and that he enjoyed it very much. He also said that Flanagan just brought down the house. He echoed what you said about the connection they had with the crowd and said that the guard was also very gracious after their performances when people stopped them and asked if they could have their pictures taken with them.

I can't wait to see Avon's show. I'm sure they won't disappoint. I saw Miamisburg on RePlay but I'm sure that the video doesn't do them justice. It's the same with Flanagan. I've seen them several times and watching a fuzzy video just doesn't cut it .... you can't see the sabres, etc. I haven't seen Cheshire's show but I hear that their reflections in the mirrors had a very nice effect.

Does anyone know how Diamond Bar is doing this year??

I always like to look at top EIGHT when it comes to world class - those top 8 are always a FIGHT

My prediction for medals:

1. Avon

2. Flanagan

3. Centergrove

My prediction for a few others who will be in "the running":

4. M-burg

5. Shendehowa

6. Chesire

7. Choctaw

8. and ???? for the eighth guard. Who knows

EVERYONE CAN FOLLOW THE RANKINGS AT:

http://www.guardbuzz.com/