Predictions for Scholastic World?

Was I the only one who did not understand Flanagan's show concept? The kids were very very talented (albeit they had multiple drops / breaks / half catches in finals) I just didn't understand what the floor / soundtrack etc had to do with the concept of post secret.

As far as the soundtrack goes, I believe the middle section was to depict a darker side to secrets exemplified through the use of a faster, harsher tempo and beat as well as the performers faces and attitudes, even their black silks. The last song, lighter and more heartwarming, showcased the more positive secrets like "I've been in love with my boss for ten years and refuse to quit this dead-end job because I couldn't bare to live a day without him." lol Beautifully done. Not quite sure about the opening sequence... I guess it was just a show starter? Still interesting in its own way.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understood what the concept was supposed to be from reading there website early in the season. I found the soundtrack to be muddled and hard to understand which made the concept hard to read in the Dayton arena.

I understood what the concept was supposed to be from reading there website early in the season. I found the soundtrack to be muddled and hard to understand which made the concept hard to read in the Dayton arena.

Gottcha, so you weren't really asking for an explanation, rather just stating that the soundtrack was hard to hear.

My assumption is that it could only be that the area by which it was played affected how the sound was carried.

In little gyms down here at the SFWGA circuit, the soundtrack could be heard loud and clear (until you got the crowd going :tongue: )

Edited by GLG_Guard