10 years from now.

Lucky for you guys, I happen to have a time phone with me, and I can call myself 10 years in the future to see what's up. Hang on a sec...

...Okay, I'm back. Unfortunately, the reception was a bit fuzzy, but I did hear something about the "Hashmark War of 2017" and "Marching Band International." Sounds like fun! :tongue:

"Marching Band International":

He shoots, he scores!!!!!! :ph34r:

Elphaba

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We might see more corps in DCA then DCI.

How many have been attending DCA Finals as of recent?

Ladies and Gentlemen! Good Evening and welcome to Marching Band Internationl's 2012 innaugural season. (crickets chirping) :tongue:

There will be 1. In 2012 George Hopkins will submit a proposal to the BOD to bring all existing and competing corps under the YEA umbrella, thus eliminating DCI as we know it and creating "Cadets of the World Marching Extravaganza". The proposal will fail by 1 "nay", the issuer of whom will mysteriously disapear in the off season, and it will pass in 2013.

Holy #### that's funny!

Thanks for the pick me up!

:tongue:

"Marching Band International":

He shoots, he scores!!!!!! :tongue:

Elphaba

Glad you are happy about the possible demise of the activity you supposedly love.

Glad you are happy about the possible demise of the activity you supposedly love.

"Me, Happy?":

Not hardly. The guy got it right. The "Drum Corps Activity", as far a junior corps, "DCI", will by then be "Morphed" into "Summer Marching Band". It's very sad to see this happen. The people who will be "Happy" will be old "Hashmark" Hopkins and his cronies (And the instrument companies).

Elphaba

How many have been attending DCA Finals as of recent?

DCA has had attendance between 20 to 26 corps for the last 4 years. Only one other season saw DCA over 20 (1987 - 23).

Historically speaking, DCI has been way larger than DCA. The peak was 1981, when DCA was only 1/5 (18%) as big as DCI, in terms of corps attending the respective finals.

However, for the last few years, DCA has grown in absolute terms to its best 4 years ever, while DCI has drifted to its worst-ever stretch for the last 6 years. As of 2007, DCA was 1/2 (50%) the size of DCI, in terms of corps at finals. This represents the largest DCA has ever been, compared to its younger brethren.

Does that mean that the trend will continue? Not necessarily, but the fact of this thread's existence, combined with that trend gives the earlier poster a reason to express such an opinion with a certain amount of credibility. And, for the record, note that he said it was a possibility. And while he may have said it with a certain lilt in his "voice", that doesn't necessarily mean he hoped that DCI would continue to shrink - but that DCA may continue to grow.

DCA has had attendance between 20 to 26 corps for the last 4 years. Only one other season saw DCA over 20 (1987 - 23).

Historically speaking, DCI has been way larger than DCA. The peak was 1981, when DCA was only 1/5 (18%) as big as DCI, in terms of corps attending the respective finals.

However, for the last few years, DCA has grown in absolute terms to its best 4 years ever, while DCI has drifted to its worst-ever stretch for the last 6 years. As of 2007, DCA was 1/2 (50%) the size of DCI, in terms of corps at finals. This represents the largest DCA has ever been, compared to its younger brethren.

Does that mean that the trend will continue? Not necessarily, but the fact of this thread's existence, combined with that trend gives the earlier poster a reason to express such an opinion with a certain amount of credibility. And, for the record, note that he said it was a possibility. And while he may have said it with a certain lilt in his "voice", that doesn't necessarily mean he hoped that DCI would continue to shrink - but that DCA may continue to grow.

I was referring to people buying tickets to watch. . .not corps performing.

I was referring to people buying tickets to watch. . .not corps performing.

DCI still sells more tickets...but I would bet a dollar to a dime that DCA's attendance has been increasing, and DCI's has been decreasing...overall, that is.

One is still headed in the right direction...one isn't.

Edited by skewerz