DCPI Q&A

About submitting a tour schedule -

Do we need to include I&E if it's planned for the corps and does it count as one of the maximum 25, even though it's not a 'show' but it is an event on the calendar?

No, do not include I&E with your tour schedule. A week or so before championship week Jeff will ask for I&E submissions.

Participation is totally voluntary and doesn't count towards a show and doesn't count against you if you choose not to do it.

It's an extra.

There is a menu item on the front page labelled 'Div 1 Members' that only contains 30 corps. Is that going to be updated or does that not apply to this?

Those 30 corps are the only ones that created a member info page for themselves. You should be able to create your own. Click on Submit/Edit my articles, then at the top, in the drop down list, choose Member Corps Info (or something like that). Try to keep it in the same format... enter your info and hit the save button. Then I will go in, make sure everything looks ok, then publish it.

Yea, Im new to this, whats I&E?

Stands for Individuals and Ensembles. It's where corps members work up solos and ensembles to perform for a compitition during finals week. This compitition is optional but gives folks a chance to show off their talented soloist or sections.

Edited by ced3905

Those 30 corps are the only ones that created a member info page for themselves. You should be able to create your own. Click on Submit/Edit my articles, then at the top, in the drop down list, choose Member Corps Info (or something like that). Try to keep it in the same format... enter your info and hit the save button. Then I will go in, make sure everything looks ok, then publish it.

Sweet...

I did mine.

It has been published, you should be able to see it on the corps info pages now.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm new to this, and I have a few questions:

StarOrg mentioned earlier in this thread that there is some formula to decide how the corps score when there are shows on their off-days. How does this work exactly? Is it better to have corps with a schedule that is close to matching the tour schedule we choose, so we get most of their actual scores, or is it equally OK to depend on this formula?

Also, with caption choices, since we are obviously limited by the amount of points we are allowed to use, is it better to have one really strong corps with 4 really cheap corps, or is it better to choose from the middle of the road for every caption?

Thanks for any answers/advice.

I can not give out the exact formula, but the general basis is..... when the corps has an off day, the generated score will be a random number within a certain % of their last score. So for example... lets say BD scores a 16.2 in GE Music on June 21st, then on the 22nd they have no show, to their score could be anywhere from lets say 15.6 thru 16.8 or whatever the percentage points are.

So there is no real advantage to pick corps that work with your schedule.....

As far as picking your captions... that is really where the fun and hard part is... trying to decide what is the best option to get the most points out of your caption....

I'm still confused on how/ where I pick my captions I do not see a link on the menu bar on the main page, and where and how do I pick my schedule