DCPI Q&A

Hey I'm completely new to this, and have no idea how any of this works. I read the FAQ and stuff but I'm still at a loss, and way someone could e-mail me and help me out? robbie.samuel.davidson@gmail.com

Hey I'm completely new to this, and have no idea how any of this works. I read the FAQ and stuff but I'm still at a loss, and way someone could e-mail me and help me out? robbie.samuel.davidson@gmail.com

The season just concluded and the next season won't be for several months, so I'm not going to cover stuff like getting a corps setup at DrumCorpsFantasy.com, but keep checking back in this forum for updates/details.

The basic principle is the same as Fantasy Baseball or Football. In fantasy sports, you plug athletes into available positions and get credit for the stats they put up. In fantasy drum corps you choose a real life drum corps for each of the eight captions and your "fantasy corps" get the corresponding stats the real life corps put up at that point in the season. However, each corps has a "cost" value, and you are limited on how much you can spend.

For example, let's look at the newest DCP-I World Class Champion, Nastalgia Vanguard. By the end of the season, World Class corps are allowed to "spend" 150 points at any given time. Cedrick (director of Nastalgia Vanguard) spent his 150 points like this...

VISUAL GE = Blue Devils (cost: 24 points)

MUSIC GE = Carolina Crown (cost: 22 points)

VISUAL PROFICIENCY = Carolina Crown (cost: 22 points)

VISUAL ANALYSIS = Crossmen (cost: 9 points)

COLOR GUARD = Crossmen (cost: 9 points)

BRASS = Carolina Crown (cost: 22 points)

MUSICAL ANALYSIS = Carolina Crown (cost: 22 points)

PERCUSSION = Santa Clara Vanguard (cost: 20 points)

So, on the two General Effect captions he spent 46 points, on the three Visual captions 40, and on the three Music captions 64 (46 + 40 + 64 = 150 points spent).

When Finals rolled around, his fantasy corps (Nastalgia Vanguard) got the caption scores each real life corps received at Finals...

VISUAL GE = Blue Devils (20.00)

MUSIC GE = Carolina Crown (19.80)

GENERAL EFFECT SCORE: 39.80

VISUAL PROFICIENCY = Carolina Crown (19.70)

VISUAL ANALYSIS = Crossmen (17.00)

COLOR GUARD = Crossmen (16.80)

VISUAL SCORE: 26.75

BRASS = Carolina Crown (19.80)

MUSICAL ANALYSIS = Carolina Crown (19.50)

PERCUSSION = Santa Clara Vanguard (19.10)

MUSIC SCORE: 29.20

GE (39.8) + Visual (26.75) + Music (29.20) gave Nastalgia Vanguard the DCPI winning score of 95.75

The season just concluded and the next season won't be for several months, so I'm not going to cover stuff like getting a corps setup at DrumCorpsFantasy.com, but keep checking back in this forum for updates/details.

The basic principle is the same as Fantasy Baseball or Football. In fantasy sports, you plug athletes into available positions and get credit for the stats they put up. In fantasy drum corps you choose a real life drum corps for each of the eight captions and your "fantasy corps" get the corresponding stats the real life corps put up at that point in the season. However, each corps has a "cost" value, and you are limited on how much you can spend.

For example, let's look at the newest DCP-I World Class Champion, Nastalgia Vanguard. By the end of the season, World Class corps are allowed to "spend" 150 points at any given time. Cedrick (director of Nastalgia Vanguard) spent his 150 points like this...

So, on the two General Effect captions he spent 46 points, on the three Visual captions 40, and on the three Music captions 64 (46 + 40 + 64 = 150 points spent).

When Finals rolled around, his fantasy corps (Nastalgia Vanguard) got the caption scores each real life corps received at Finals...

GE (39.8) + Visual (26.75) + Music (29.20) gave Nastalgia Vanguard the DCPI winning score of 95.75

okay thanks!

Or in the other words... the year of the "Crownmen" :satisfied:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

When will the next season start? Are we now in the middle of season 19? And when the new one does start who do I upload my corps information on the main website with our logo and stuff...

Thanks

When will the next season start? Are we now in the middle of season 19? And when the new one does start who do I upload my corps information on the main website with our logo and stuff...

Thanks

Mr. Marine (that was an assumption),

So we are in Finals Week of the winter season (19). The Summer season normally kicks off with the real DCI schedule so June. If you don't know the Winter season uses a mix of past season scores. The Summer season uses "real time" scoring where possible and calculates scores based on trends in between.

There would be a registration for the Summer season (20) where you enter corps info, logo, etc. Matt can probably fill you in on those details.

Mr. Marine (that was an assumption),

So we are in Finals Week of the winter season (19). The Summer season normally kicks off with the real DCI schedule so June. If you don't know the Winter season uses a mix of past season scores. The Summer season uses "real time" scoring where possible and calculates scores based on trends in between.

There would be a registration for the Summer season (20) where you enter corps info, logo, etc. Matt can probably fill you in on those details.

Thanks a lot looking forward to the new season both here and DCI!!

Shane

• 1 month later...

How do I change my corps name? I changed it on my wordpress profile but it's still showing up as the old name in the schedule and caption editors.

How do I change my corps name? I changed it on my wordpress profile but it's still showing up as the old name in the schedule and caption editors.

It has to be edited in the database by the DCPI Adminstrators. Send a private message on these forums to "Galen" with your changes.

• 1 month later...

I have been taking part in the DCFI for about 5 or 6 years and I'm always listed as "rookie", can someone please tell me why? My corps is MIB and before that the name was the toppers, please help.