DCPI Q&A

Ok, I registered on the site about two days ago and I still haven't been approved yet. I just wanna know what's taking so long. I'd like to register for DCPI-XI before it's too late

Sorry about that, I was out of town without internet access. You have been approved.

When will the point change schedule be posted? Will it be a point a week on Fridays starting 12/26?

• 5 months later...

Hopefully I understand this correctly, and if I'm worng please let me know the correct way. But basically, the captions decide our corps scores for the season? And exactly how are our scores decided?

Each director is given a certain allotment of points (135 for Div 1 this season) and with those points they will select their captions. The previous season determines the cost of each caption. For instance, this season, if you wanted to select the Phantom Regiment for your GE Music caption, that would cost 25 points, since they finished 1st last season. Blue Devils would be worth 24, Cavaliers 23, and so on. You would select 8 corps for your captions. GE Music, GE Visual, Brass, Music Ensemble, Percussion, Visual Performance, Visual Ensemble and Guard..... just like real DCI. You may select any combination of corps for your selections, as long as you stay within your point limit.

You also submit a corps tour schedule, which will loosely coincide with the real DCI schedule. Then on the days you have shows, we will pull each caption you chose and that will be your score for that night. So lets say you schedule a show for June 29th, and you have the Blue Devils for GE Music. If the Blue Devils have a real show on the 29th, and score a 16.9 in GE Music, you will also score a 16.9 for GE Music. If they do not have a real show, a formula will be applied to generate a score for that night.

Each director is given a certain allotment of points (135 for Div 1 this season) and with those points they will select their captions. The previous season determines the cost of each caption. For instance, this season, if you wanted to select the Phantom Regiment for your GE Music caption, that would cost 25 points, since they finished 1st last season. Blue Devils would be worth 24, Cavaliers 23, and so on. You would select 8 corps for your captions. GE Music, GE Visual, Brass, Music Ensemble, Percussion, Visual Performance, Visual Ensemble and Guard..... just like real DCI. You may select any combination of corps for your selections, as long as you stay within your point limit.

You also submit a corps tour schedule, which will loosely coincide with the real DCI schedule. Then on the days you have shows, we will pull each caption you chose and that will be your score for that night. So lets say you schedule a show for June 29th, and you have the Blue Devils for GE Music. If the Blue Devils have a real show on the 29th, and score a 16.9 in GE Music, you will also score a 16.9 for GE Music. If they do not have a real show, a formula will be applied to generate a score for that night.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks! :thumbdown:

• 1 month later...
seven days after you make your changes?

This one. And it's precise to the second. If you change your captions at 1pm on a Saturday, you can't change captions again until 1pm the following Saturday.