Crown gets most votes!

DING DING DING DING

As popular as VK and the Bridgemen STILL are, does anyone have any belief that they could finish in the top 8 with the type of show they used to perform, i.e., crowd pleasing, humorous, and with the attitude to let the air out of the "stuffed suits"?

Yes. I think if they put on a FUNNY, Crowd pleasing show, and they marched well, and played well...they would score high. Bottom line is the marching and playing. (and i guess spinning/dancing too) Those are the core things any judge is looking for.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...how come 2005 and 2007 phantom weren't on the list yet they received more votes?

yeah, we probably are in the minority, but what's new?

the hornline was ASTOUNDING and GREAT, but could you imagine showing up for the first day of move-in... walk out to the field to learn drill, and then rehearsal starts:

"Uh... yeah... horns, right here, we're going to need you to walk around pretending to be horses."

but i'll probably go to hear the star-like sounds they put out. good for crown!

Yeah, that is ridiculous, but I could definitely see, "Uh... yeah... trumpet player, right here, we're going to need you to READ AN ESSAY ABOUT WHY YOU LOVE MUSIC OVER THE MICROPHONE DURING A DRUM CORPS SHOW."

Edited by Hrothgar15

I would have prefered if DCI would have just flipped a coin.

Or, if they were lookin to make a quick dollar.....they should have chosen the 6 corps by who had the most paid for downloads off of DCI.org.

Sometimes "obscure" music makes for great shows.....thinking Cadets 92 and 2000 as examples. And familiar music is no guarantee of anything. But occasionally a corps catches lightning in a bottle and puts together a package that really clicks. The music, the drill, the visual....the sum is much greater than the parts. I think Crown did it twice in the past four years, 2004 and 2007. This activity had better find a way to reward such achievent.

Sometimes "obscure" music makes for great shows.....thinking Cadets 92 and 2000 as examples. And familiar music is no guarantee of anything. But occasionally a corps catches lightning in a bottle and puts together a package that really clicks. The music, the drill, the visual....the sum is much greater than the parts. I think Crown did it twice in the past four years, 2004 and 2007. This activity had better find a way to reward such achievent.

Too late, the Spirit of Disney award (or whatever it's called) has been around for a while.

Yeah, that is ridiculous, but I could definitely see, "Uh... yeah... trumpet player, right here, we're going to need you to READ AN ESSAY ABOUT WHY YOU LOVE MUSIC OVER THE MICROPHONE DURING A DRUM CORPS SHOW."

Haha, both are equally bad in my book.

"And FWIW, Crown's '07 show was one of my least favorite."

Well then, you would be in the minority then, no?

Yes. And I loved Cadets '07. I also don't like Phantom '06 that much. Does that make me wrong?

Edited by TSRTS13

Yes. And I loved Cadets '07. I also don't like Phantom '06 that much. Does that make me wrong?

Hey....I agree with you 66%!

I loved Cadets 07, didn't like PR 06, but I still liked Crown :)

but since you are on DCP and your opinion is different ...of course you are wrong :ninja: