Crown gets most votes!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout we do a Defunct Corps Countdown next time...

Tentative schedule:

1996 Magic of Orlando

2000 Southwind

1991 Skyryders

1996 Les Etoiles

1997 Kiwanis Kavaliers

1997 Academie Musicale

You could easily extend that beyond the 90's into the 80's and 70's.

Anyone else kinda find it rude that DCI posted the FULL voting results?

....I'd feel like crap if I marched one of those shows, and saw that only a handfull of people voted for it.

....I'd feel like crap if I marched one of those shows, and saw that only a handfull of people voted for it.

My guess is the marchers from the shows that made the countdown thought, "Cool, we'll be on the big screen again" and that the marchers from those shows that didn't make it couldn't care less. (And I'll bet there's plenty from the former that also reacted like the latter.)

Just my guess.

Yeah seriously. Blue Knights '05 at the bottom? Seriously? I would put that **** in the top half for sure. And what's with Boston '07 being way down there?

For whoever said Crown got 4th or 5th in GE at finals I'm pretty sure that's not quite right. Crown got garbage for scores in GE all summer and if I remember correctly, they got somewhere between 6th and 7th in GE. Don't quote me on that though.

Yes. And I loved Cadets '07. I also don't like Phantom '06 that much. Does that make me wrong?

Yes.

Yeah, I don't remember Crown's specific GE placement either, but the point is they didn't take first or second despite what clearly was a GE packed show. All you have to do is check out the crowd and the standing O's. And many of the other corps, when they get to what they must think is a big hit....get just polite applause.

I'd feel like crap if my fellow corps members didn't even care enough about us making it to the big screen to take the time to vote. I'd feel even worse knowing that the alumni of my corps didn't get together to vote, either.