DCI Finals in Bloomington

Why not Camp Randal?

I might burn in Drum Corps Hell for saying this, but Camp Randall compared to Memorial Stadium is like comparing a crappy old Dodge to a Cadillac.

Memorial is not the greatest newest place in the universe, but it trumps Camp Randall in so many categories. The IU guys can attest to that. Besides have you ever tried to park in Madison?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall, the airport runway in Bloomington wasn't big enough for commercial jets ... Has this changed in the last 10 years or so, or do you still have to drive to Bloomington from Indy?

Bloomington, IN Airport

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Just put finals back in Madison where it belongs.

I might burn in Drum Corps Hell for saying this, but Camp Randall compared to Memorial Stadium is like comparing a crappy old Dodge to a Cadillac.

Memorial is not the greatest newest place in the universe, but it trumps Camp Randall in so many categories. The IU guys can attest to that. Besides have you ever tried to park in Madison?

Parking should be a breeze. Memorial Stadium's got plenty of space all around, with a huuuge lot to the west, and another large lot to the east, what with Assembly Hall being on the same plot. In addition, there's the entire northwest neighborhood of dorms, all of which have their own parking lots, and will be without students because the dorms will be closed for the summer.

I'm sure Brian Hickman will be thrilled to see how nicely you bash DCI. Congratulations on representing the Glassmen, Kiwanis Kavaliers and Lake Erie Regiment so well!

Yes, because clearly what I said was demeaning towards DCI and represented all of those groups. Please. It's not bashing DCI, to say that their website is almost always a few days behind on "news" in drum corps. From corps announcements to event information, DCP almost always has the jump. More resources from different sources. So thanks for trying to pull the "representing" blank and blank card, but not this time.

And, who exactly do you represent Eric? Please list your credentials and who you've ever been with so I can take your next snide and useless remark out of context.

Actually, I parked in the garage right next to the stadium in 2006 for finals. We actually left right after Cavies and stood next to our car, looking down into the stadium. Heard the scores, jumped in the car, and missed all of the traffic. Oh, and we did not arrive until around 6PM and there were still open spots. Only $10.

Does this effect the Open Class/Div2-3/Monor League Championships and Prelims too???

This will have NO effect on Open Class...our Quarter Finals are still in Michigan City, and our Semis & Finals will take in the same stadium as World Class.

I'm sure Brian Hickman will be thrilled to see how nicely you bash DCI. Congratulations on representing the Glassmen, Kiwanis Kavaliers and Lake Erie Regiment so well!

Hey Endzone ... Aside from your disparaging comments to me, I've seen you crapping on at least two other people on the board this evening. You may not like my views, but it seems you seem to want to disparage whomever disagrees with your point of view (whatever the hell that is ... It's not really clear.)

If you don't have anything intelligent to discuss, why don't you cut the pointless flame-baiting ...

:troll food:

Hey Endzone ... Aside from your disparaging comments to me, I've seen you crapping on at least two other people on the board this evening. You may not like my views, but it seems you seem to want to disparage whomever disagrees with your point of view (whatever the hell that is ... It's not really clear.)

If you don't have anything intelligent to discuss, why don't you cut the pointless flame-baiting ...

:troll food:

I am humbled by your sheer genius.

Edited by EndzoneEric

Isn't there about a 220 mile difference between Bloomington-Normal, IL and Bloomington, IN?