DCI Finals in Bloomington

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:innocent: Edited by EndzoneEric

For any of you that are to young to remember, Bloomington has hosted big DCI shows at Memorial Stadium (not finals of course but none the less). It is a GREAT place to watch shows and the sound is fabulous. It has tons of parking and isn't too difficult to get to. Sure it isn't downtown Indy and a new fancy stadium but it will be a great place for finals. I think everyone that is upset is going to be really surprised at what a good time they will have at Memorial Stadium and Bloomington. And if you don't have a room now in Bloomington...

I agree 100%!!!

IU's stadium has a higher perspective than the Rose Bowl did last year, the difference is it's not a bowl shape, big deal. The front stands alone hold over 28,000. I would much rather see finals in Bloomington than somewhere like the craptastic Citrus Ghetto or College Park @ U Maryland.

I agree 100%!!!

IU's stadium has a higher perspective than the Rose Bowl did last year, the difference is it's not a bowl shape, big deal. The front stands alone hold over 28,000. I would much rather see finals in Bloomington than somewhere like the craptastic Citrus Ghetto or College Park @ U Maryland.

Awww.....what was wrong with college park :innocent: They've sinced doubled the parking, are changing the field to turf, added a decent video scoreboard, and are putting in even more luxury seats.

Awww.....what was wrong with college park :innocent: They've sinced doubled the parking, are changing the field to turf, added a decent video scoreboard, and are putting in even more luxury seats.

About eight years tardy there. :)

Why not Camp Randal?

From a logistical standpoint, Bloomington is the obvious choice. It's still less than an hour away from Indianapolis. And I'm sure some people will keep their hotel reservations as is despite the venue change. Moving it two states away and jeopardizing a lot more would be a bad decision IMHO.

From what I know, DCI has had Bloomington on the back burner for 2008 finals just in case. Atleast they had a back up. Got to give them some credit.

I'm sure Brian Hickman will be thrilled to see how nicely you bash DCI. Congratulations on representing the Glassmen, Kiwanis Kavaliers and Lake Erie Regiment so well!

Dude, really, it's DCP and nobody gives a crap. So let the guy have an opinion that does not represent anyone but himself and get off the high horse.

God I am getting sick of drumcorps snobs