DCI Finals in Bloomington

HAHA...that would suck if somebody got rooms in Bloomington IL and went to the wrong stadium!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks to me like home side seating capacity is about the same...

Memorial Stadium holds 52k, but the home side appears much bigger than the away side

Lucas Oil Stadium is proposed to hold 63k, but seating home and away appears to be symmetrical...and has seating on both ends...

on second thought, I bet Memorial holds more people home side, and with it's upright design, no upper deck, and no running track, this appears to be an outstanding place to hold finals...if it doesn't rain...

probably not as outstanding as the Ohio State horseshoe, however.. :innocent:

There is always Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend!!!!! Touchdown Jesus will look over you and your corp at finals!!!

There is always Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend!!!!! Touchdown Jesus will look over you and your corp at finals!!!

"drop-kick me jesus through the goalposts of life"! :innocent:

Edited by dugg

Isn't there about a 220 mile difference between Bloomington-Normal, IL and Bloomington, IN?

(Sheepishly going back to amend post) :innocent:

Garry in Vegas

looks to me like home side seating capacity is about the same...

Memorial Stadium holds 52k, but the home side appears much bigger than the away side

Lucas Oil Stadium is proposed to hold 63k, but seating home and away appears to be symmetrical...and has seating on both ends...

on second thought, I bet Memorial holds more people home side, and with it's upright design, no upper deck, and no running track, this appears to be an outstanding place to hold finals...if it doesn't rain...

probably not as outstanding as the Ohio State horseshoe, however.. :innocent:

Stadium Capacity

West Stand 28,431

East Stand 18,198

<snip>

28 and change is plenty big for the DCI Finals crowd.

Edited by DCImonkey

Parking should be a breeze. Memorial Stadium's got plenty of space all around, with a huuuge lot to the west, and another large lot to the east, what with Assembly Hall being on the same plot. In addition, there's the entire northwest neighborhood of dorms, all of which have their own parking lots, and will be without students because the dorms will be closed for the summer.

That's true, but IU still owns and operates those lots. Best bet will be the stadium, unless you want to tangle with the for-profit corporation that is IU's Parking Division.

At least they didn't move it to.....

Jackson, MS (Duder- if you didn't go and watch that year, ask your brother)

Montreal-al-al-al-al-al-al-al

Any other true domed stadium

Miami

etc.

etc.

etc.

IU looks to be a good backup.

It could have been a LOT worse!!!!

this is kind of a disaster.

~>conner

While I would have preferred Lucas Oil Stadium to be finished in time, I hardly consider the move on par with the Hindenburg, Hurricane Katrina, the Indian Ocean tsunami and any other numbers of real disasters. It's an inconvenience, yes, for all who expected us to be in Indy's new stadium, but it's not a disaster.

My weight loss program...Now that's a disaster. And maybe the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric.

While I would have preferred Lucas Oil Stadium to be finished in time, I hardly consider the move on par with the Hindenburg, Hurricane Katrina, the Indian Ocean tsunami and any other numbers of real disasters. It's an inconvenience, yes, for all who expected us to be in Indy's new stadium, but it's not a disaster.

My weight loss program...Now that's a disaster. And maybe the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric.

:innocent: