DCI Finals in Bloomington

While I would have preferred Lucas Oil Stadium to be finished in time, I hardly consider the move on par with the Hindenburg, Hurricane Katrina, the Indian Ocean tsunami and any other numbers of real disasters. It's an inconvenience, yes, for all who expected us to be in Indy's new stadium, but it's not a disaster.

My weight loss program...Now that's a disaster. And maybe the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric.

Oh, come on ... Putting it in perspective with other Entertainment disasters, this is as least as big a disaster as Gigli, and quite possibly up there with Showgirls. (eta: All though not nearly as funny.)

Edited by DCIHasBeen

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, come on ... Putting it in perspective with other Entertainment disasters, this is as least as big a disaster as Gigli, and quite possibly up there with Showgirls. (eta: All though not nearly as funny.)

Maybe we could have sock puppets talk about the events of the past day.

Better yet ... This could be us in a couple of years:

StatlerAndWaldorf.jpg

Of course, I'm the better looking one.

Bloomington, IN Airport

Garry in Vegas

W/ a 6500 ft runway they won't be getting anything in there bigger than a regional jet or a turboprop. And the terminal can hold only 60 people.

Does Star still run a bus line? Better start planning a shuttle from Indy. Plus, IIRC the airport is not near IU.

Busses. They need lots of busses.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

At least they didn't move it to.....

Miami

IU looks to be a good backup.

It could have been a LOT worse!!!!

it would be hard to move it back to miami as they have torn down the orange bowl :innocent:

proplayer stadium = mad expensive. but TONS of parking and warm-up space.

That is messed up that DCI found out through a media outlet and not through Lucas Oil Stadium management. :innocent:

Edited by CoreyD

From what I know, DCI has had Bloomington on the back burner for 2008 finals just in case. Atleast they had a back up. Got to give them some credit.

this is a very good point.

~>conner

Having performed and rehearsed there with Star of Indiana, I will have to say that this will be a great stadium for Finals. I will now buy tickets to Finals. It's a college town and there are plenty of things to do. The drive isn't very far from Indy. Just add some LOUD CORPS and Finals will be awesome!