DCI Finals in Bloomington

so . . .um. . .

What does this mean for seating? :innocent:

It means by the time the top 3 corps are on my ### and back will hurt.

I hate bleachers.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this effect the Open Class/Div2-3/Monor League Championships and Prelims too???

Yes and no. Evidently, Lucas Oil Stadium will not be ready in time for the open-class semis and finals, either. But open-class prelims are in Michigan City, so no change there.

and most likely interruptions by thunderstorms

Or a complete rainout. What is the backup plan for that? :innocent:

After that dome-bashing thread we just had, I'm surprised people aren't pointing out the good news - that the 2008 championships will enjoy outdoor acoustics.

Well, in so much as amped corps can be "acoustic". :innocent:

I keed... I keed....

:ph34r:

:innocent:

and most likely interruptions by thunderstorms

Which, of course, is something that DCI has NEVER had to contend with during finals week. :innocent:

Which, of course, is something that DCI has NEVER had to contend with during finals week. :innocent:

Have people forgotten 1993 finals in Jackson, MS? It was POURING rain during Madison's performance. Of course...silly me...with the amplification thingy, we can no longer "suck it up" and march in the rain.....I loved it when we marched rain shows....and so did the fans....I degress

Ya know.......with all of the hype and hard work on DCI's end, and seemingly Indy's end, it's just more proof that the "civilian" population doesn't take DCI seriously. Indy has been begging for DCI finals, they finally sign a deal, and then don't even have the tact to inform DCI personally that they can't use Lucas Oil for '08. If that is an indication of how things are going to be in Indy, it's going to be a LONG 9 years..... :innocent:

Ya know.......with all of the hype and hard work on DCI's end, and seemingly Indy's end, it's just more proof that the "civilian" population doesn't take DCI seriously. Indy has been begging for DCI finals, they finally sign a deal, and then don't even have the tact to inform DCI personally that they can't use Lucas Oil for '08. If that is an indication of how things are going to be in Indy, it's going to be a LONG 9 years..... :innocent:

I agree. It's really not that big a deal that finals moved to Bloomington for 2008.

What is a big deal is that DCI wasn't informed by an official source that finals would have to be somewhere else and found out about it on the news. Not cool.