DCI Finals in Bloomington

Something to ease the pain of some:

Fans are encouraged to keep their Indianapolis hotel reservations as transportation services from downtown Indianapolis to the Indiana University campus for events on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of the Championship Week will be available at no charge.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=b...f9-11f503b1bee2

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a "Friends of DCI" membership and bought additional "Fantastic 5" packages. I looked through all of my old e-mails and snail mails tonight, and I don't see anything here talking about a price increase based on "Club Level" seats for this year at Lucas. The difference in price is just slightly more than it was last year for the Super 3 combo, and I assumed that the increase was to cover the bump for the extra 2 shows. The finals night seats have been virtually identical in price for the past few years. I don't see why they would discount this year's tickets. It's still the same package... just in a different place. I didn't order my tickets based on the fact that it was going to be in the new place, although I did think it was pretty cool that we were going to be in there first. I love that new-stadium smell! :tongue:

You know ... you're right about this. I do remember a previous thread where all this was hashed out about relative price per show this year vs last, etc.

So, sorry for my previous comment that you quoted -- muddled memory and all!!! :tongue:

I guess I was just excited about the new stadium and all the amenities it will offer and felt a bit of a let down to the Bloomington Stadium. But you're right -- it's as good, if not better, a stadium as the Rose Bowl or Madison and the price is comparable ... so never mind :tongue:

(In best comic book guy voice) Well actually, I cannot think of too many times the home team didn't go on last in that stadium, and was usually doing the encore as well. :tongue:

Now the ol' soccer stadium (Armstrong) was another story......

I think Sara is mainly referring to the many hours of sweat and blood letting we experienced in Memorial, our practice field away from our practice field(s).

And ya gotta remember - I did 4 years of college marching band there.

That's one stadium I wish I could have marched a drum corps show in and never got the chance, other than runthrus at rehearsals in '85

Thank God I'll be marching on the field and not having to sit in those bleachers. :tongue:

I'll be VERY happy sitting in those bleachers to watch the show :tongue:

PS- I know the REAL reason that finals are moving to Bloomington. It's not that the stadium won't be done in time. It's because Hopkins found out that the hash marks wouldn't be ready in time and threw a fit :tongue:

I'll be VERY happy sitting in those bleachers to watch the show :tongue:

PS- I know the REAL reason that finals are moving to Bloomington. It's not that the stadium won't be done in time. It's because Hopkins found out that the hash marks wouldn't be ready in time and threw a fit :tongue:

That's so wrong! :tongue:

I just looked on the map to see exactly where Bloomington is. It's a whoping 60 miles from Indianapolis. :tongue:

For those of us who have lived (or currently live) in Texas or other plaines states that like nothing. It's not like you'd be flying into a different airport or anything to get there.

I just looked on the map to see exactly where Bloomington is. It's a whoping 60 miles from Indianapolis. :tongue:

For those of us who have lived (or currently live) in Texas or other plaines states that like nothing. It's not like you'd be flying into a different airport or anything to get there.

Or for anyone that attended Finals in Boston, they know the 30 miles from Boston to Foxborough which took about an hour to drive. No different this time around either having to drive out to the Boonies!

I did a show there in either 91 or 92 (Preview of Champions I think it was) and back then I thought the stadium was AWESOME and thought it would make a great Finals venue.