DCI Finals in Bloomington

As I recall, the airport runway in Bloomington wasn't big enough for commercial jets ... Has this changed in the last 10 years or so, or do you still have to drive to Bloomington from Indy?

Hasn't changed, BUT, there is a shuttle that goes from the airport directly to campus that's very affordable.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not all is bad news with the switch to Bloomington. I just booked 2 rooms for the three nights at a 3 star hotel. Total cost was about $350 for the 2 rooms. I was paying about $850 for a 4 star hotel in Indy. I can use the $500 bucks to help pay for the extra gas I will use going an hour further from my home.

By the way...3 hotels in Bloomington are now SOLD OUT. Better make your reservations ASAP.

I booked a Bloomington and an Indy hotel last August for drum corps week 2008. And I actually was just able to rebook another room at the same Bloomington hotel at a rate $40 cheaper per night than they gave me on the first reservation I made. :innocent:

This weekend is also a good time to book not only because the rooms will go fast but also because the big chains don't know yet that DCI is coming. They'll want to jack up their rates as soon as they figure it out.

Mother Bears.

Oh hells yeah! THE best American pizza on the face of the planet!

Yes!!! :innocent:

Having lived in Read and walked across the street so many times, that place will forever hold a place in my heart.

I need an education on West Lafayette........ Indiana?

West Lafayette is home to Purdue... and, maybe coincidence, maybe not, it also stinks like poop :innocent:

April Fools was 3 days ago!!!! Agh dang. Here comes a bunch more flak from people towards DCI *prepares*.

West Lafayette is home to Purdue... and, maybe coincidence, maybe not, it also stinks like poop :innocent:

Absolutely none at all :ph34r:

681623.jpeg

It looks nice. I'm excited about having a different place. Trust me, we'll get enough of Lucas Oil over the years. The parking looks great as well as the abundance of warmup space around the stadium.

It's a college......of course there's gonna be bars.