New Corps on the move

Hi Everyone,

My name is Joe and I am President/Corps Director of the Purple Lancers Drum & Bugle Corp of Auburn, NY. We have been putting our Corps back together after a 34 year hiatus. The last time the Purple Lancers were on the field was in 1974 when our Junior Corps took the New York State Championship. Since August 10, 2007 we have been organizing the corps and trying to get going again. Although we still are awaiting our 501c/3 Not for Profit status from the IRS, we have progressed enormously in only 7 months. The following is testament of our determination to get it done:

We are starting to move.

We have purchase new Drums and are putting together a Drum Line.

Our goal is to put together a 23 Member Drum Line.

There will be a Registration on:

Sunday April 20 & 27, 2008 at 1pm to 3pm at the C&I American Legion Post 1776.

1 East Genesee Street, Auburn, NY next to Speno Music. Horns registration will be scheduled at a later date.

Practice is tentatively scheduled to begin on May 4th, 2008; registrants will be contacted as to the time of the practice.

If you are interested Contact us by email at: jojo42@roadrunner.com

or by phone at 315-729-7367 or come to one of the registrations.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Joe Gagliano

President

Web Site: auburnpurplelancers.com

Edited by Purple Lancers

Joe,

I'll never forget the Purple Lancers performance at the '74 DCI in Ithaca. Your show was years ahead of it's time. Corky did a masterful job with his pen. My brother Tim was playing lead that year.

Best of luck with this venture.

Musically Yours,

David Martin

David,

Thank you for your comment. We are trying our best to get it done and we will succeed because of our nuclius we have putting this together. Tim must have been proud to be State Champion. It was guys and girls like him who worked hard and got to the top. Check out our web site auburnpurplelancers.com and check out the History page. I think you might like it. The site isn't quite finished but the inportant stuff is in place.

Thanks again,

Joe

Joe,

I'll never forget the Purple Lancers performance at the '74 DCI in Ithaca. Your show was years ahead of it's time. Corky did a masterful job with his pen. My brother Tim was playing lead that year.

Best of luck with this venture.

Musically Yours,

David Martin

Edited by Purple Lancers