Empire Statesmen 25th kick off

I just wanted to thank the Alumni Committee for organizing the wonder event I attended tonight! I'll bet you never thought that many Empire alums would show up. I was shock at the numbers.

It was wonderful seeing my old friends again. Thanks you for coming out.

See you all at the July 5th home show, and let's wail!

David Martin, '83-'91

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh Yes...closing Bathtubs with the Canadians and then going to Nick Tahous, brings back some memories.

It was a good time.

Donny

Ahh Yes...closing Bathtubs with the Canadians and then going to Nick Tahous, brings back some memories.

It was a good time.

Donny

Nick Tahou's!!! That's hard core kickin' it old school

Pepto-Bismal...

It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Yeah...remind me NOT to try that again.

Thaks!

Donny

Alumnus came from all over, Rhode Island, Florida, PA. and Ottawa. I'm sure many more folks traveled long distances that I didn't hear about.

Lot's of fun!

It was really a great time. It was very well planned and attended. I was shocked by some of the faces that I saw there. Many people that I hadn't seen since 96-97. Including a good portion of the 97"Razorphone" mellophone line. Although I think we exceded the amount of "Porkchops" that are allowed to be in a public building at any given time. Mr. B would truly be proud and humbled by the amount of people that came to honor the history and legacy of his corps. It was great hearing the old stories of memories that are now a little dusty in all of our minds. Flashbacks of many good times were evident throughout the evening. I only hope that we all can continue to stay in touch and continue to pay tribute to a corps that gave as all a solid musical perfomance background and desire to always do things to our upmost potential whether it be drum corps or life in general.

Thank you Jim, Terry, Erica, Paul and Empire Statesmen for a great time last evening. I look forward to more events like this in the future.

Stacy Squire

Hey everyone,

Empire Statesmen ALUMNI KICK-OFF PARTY was a huge success. We had over 90 alumni in attendance and over 170 people in all.

Old videos, pictures, memorabilia and friends were the main focus of the evening.

It was great to see everyone in one place at the same time. It was great to meet people from the 80's corps....since I started marching in 1991.

Hope that we see many of you at a parade or two and especially July 5th and DCA.

Thanks to all for coming....

Jimmy Steele - Empire Statesmen Brass Caption Head 97-98-99-08

Hey Statesmen Alumni!!!!

More great opportunities for you to join the corps and or just to get together again.

May 10th - Lilac Parade (Rochester, NY) - get a horn, drum or flag and march with the 2008 Statesmen in this annual parade

May 25th and 26th - Memorial Day Parades (Greece and Irondequoit, NY) again join the corps for another annual event.

July 4th - Parade (Irondequoit, NY)

July 5th - EMPIRE STATESMEN ALUMNI AND 2008 CORPS PERFORMANCE - EXHIBITION AT ROCHESTER SHOW - ST. JOHN FISHER COLLEGE.

We will also have a few more social gatherings 1 in May, 1 in July and 1 at DCA that we would love to have everyone at.

Keep your eyes on the mail. More information to be sent out in the next couple of weeks.

Jimmy Steele - Empire Statesmen Brass Caption Head - 97-98-99-08 Alumni 91-99

Edited by empirebrass1

Hey everyone,

Empire Statesmen ALUMNI KICK-OFF PARTY was a huge success. We had over 90 alumni in attendance and over 170 people in all.

Old videos, pictures, memorabilia and friends were the main focus of the evening.

It was great to see everyone in one place at the same time. It was great to meet people from the 80's corps....since I started marching in 1991.

Hope that we see many of you at a parade or two and especially July 5th and DCA.

Thanks to all for coming....

Jimmy Steele - Empire Statesmen Brass Caption Head 97-98-99-08

I heard a lot of great comments from the Alumni about how respectful the current members were... and they were also curious about some of the historic moments in the corps history.

"What was Rio like?"

"How did you survive that flag ripping thing without missing a beat?"

"What was Mr. B like?"

Pretty cool seeing the MUTUAL respect.

It's a shame that the new blood there never had a chance to meet Mr. B. He was truly an amazing man and a legend in the drum corps world.

I heard a lot of great comments from the Alumni about how respectful the current members were... and they were also curious about some of the historic moments in the corps history.

"What was Rio like?"

"How did you survive that flag ripping thing without missing a beat?"

"What was Mr. B like?"

Pretty cool seeing the MUTUAL respect.