pic of said hat to come this weekend

and if you've never been to RAMD, go over there and google EVERYONE.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pic of said hat to come this weekend

and if you've never been to RAMD, go over there and google EVERYONE.

Couldn't actually find RAMD. I google it and I know what it is now. Found another site called Sound Machine.

Googled EVERYONE with RAMD and didn't come up with anything conclusive.

Is it that the word EVERYONE is used a lot?

Couldn't actually find RAMD. I google it and I know what it is now. Found another site called Sound Machine.

Googled EVERYONE with RAMD and didn't come up with anything conclusive.

Is it that the word EVERYONE is used a lot?

Google rec.arts.marching.drumcorps. RAMD is actually an anagram for this newsgroup. Rec.Arts.Marching.Drumcorps. You'll have to go back a few years as Jeff said (2001-2006). After you've read a few posts by Jeff you should get the drift. I dare not even mention the other person's name who started using the term EVERYONE on this newsgroup as I might get banned. :smile:

and hmmmm

who's the next victim?

:smile:

Pick Me! :smile:

believe it or not, when I google rec.arts.marching.drumcorps or ramd, it get lots of references to the site but no way of actually finding it.

I give up. It's not important.

At the risk of being banned from DCP for life... (well, at least I didn't say (type) the other "person's" name...)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.ma...rumcorps/topics

(what can I say, I DO read (and post on) RAMD. :smile: )

Edited by TennTux

At the risk of being banned from DCP for life... (well, at least I didn't say (type) the other "person's" name...)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.ma...rumcorps/topics

(what can I say, I DO read (and post on) RAMD. :smile: )

OK, I went to the linked site. Quick edit your post! :smile:

I don't quite get it though. I guess it's because the set up is so different from DCP. Seems there are some drum corps topics mixed in with sites selling seiko watches. ???

It also seems quite vulgar in the language used. (I don't think I'm a prude, but it all seems unnecessary).

People that think in those terms don't interest me.

I'm sure there may be good posts there, but boy, what you have to wade through to get to them.

Just glad the HAT doesn't say some of the other things from the site!

Yeah, nothing like unmoderated newsgroups to bring out the worst in people. Jeez I check once in a while and can hardly find a good discussion for the personal sniping going on between people that are probably afraid to meet each other in the daylight. :smile: Note: None (with possible one exception) are DC people, they just made RAMD their personal battleground.

Made one post in the last few months regarding the recovering health of one of the members. Finally realized he responded as that post was buried in all the crap.

Yeah, nothing like unmoderated newsgroups to bring out the worst in people. Jeez I check once in a while and can hardly find a good discussion for the personal sniping going on between people that are probably afraid to meet each other in the daylight. :smile: Note: None (with possible one exception) are DC people, they just made RAMD their personal battleground.

Made one post in the last few months regarding the recovering health of one of the members. Finally realized he responded as that post was buried in all the crap.

been there once..........all the charm of a cesspool. :thumbdown

been there once..........all the charm of a cesspool. :thumbdown

I know......................a few weeks ago my Outlook dropped the newsgroup for some unknown reason,.................I can't seem to re-subscribe,..................and really, I don't miss it,......................it was fun for a long time, a lot of links to underground types of stuff,........... then it went downhill fast,...................I hung on with some of the lasties,......................whoever is the last to leave, please turn out the lights,........