Timpani Throne

Just Another Sop

I asked a couple people this question via PM's but thought I would toss it out here to see if I get more suggestions.

I am in the market for a good Timpani throne and, as the description says, I want to find out what you use or recommend. Do you use something now but wish it were something different? Why do you like what you have?

So far I have had the Roc N Soc and the Pearl Roadster suggested. Any others out there?

I would appreciate any input / insight you might have.

Currently I just use a wooden stool. The top is smooth enough to let my backside slide easy enough, but I wouldn't mind something with a swivel.

I use a crummy wooden bar stool, it used to be padded with a leather top that was falling apart, I "re-upholstered" it with some foam from a couch cushion, quilt batting and some smooth cloth. I still find it hard to twist from side to side and still find it uncomfortable (I tend to sit on the edge rather then on top)

I've tested out a Roc-n-Soc drum set throne and found it super comfortable. I haven't seen a specific Timpani version, I'm sure it’s awesome though.

I've used a large, swivel, height adjustable chair, and found it quite comfy and really easy to get from one drum to the next- it also had a back to it for support, but again, I sit on the edge and found that I didn't need the chair back.

I'm not sure if any of this helps you at all... but I'll be sure to come back to this thread and see if more people post- I'd like to see what other people recommend too!

Cheers!

Pheonix, the chair back could be handy for tacet pieces, and steveweissmusic.com has a few timpani thrones listed. I also recommend taking the upholstery completely off and sitting on the wood. esp. if the wood is smooth.

Pheonix, the chair back could be handy for tacet pieces, and steveweissmusic.com has a few timpani thrones listed. I also recommend taking the upholstery completely off and sitting on the wood. esp. if the wood is smooth.

Highly disagree. You want the cushion, especially for this activity. But something that swivels is an ABSOLUTE MUST.

I said to remove the cusion because the butt slides easier over slick wood than cloth. But if you can find something with a cushion and a swivel, get it.

Hands down, the best timpani throne out there:

Pearl D-1000T

the T is for Tall and is a great height for playing timpani.

I swear by this throne!

I'm tellin y'all, this is the ONLY way to go. You may as well end this thread right now. There is no other choice.

Hands down, the best timpani throne out there:

Pearl D-1000T

the T is for Tall and is a great height for playing timpani.

I swear by this throne!

I'm tellin y'all, this is the ONLY way to go. You may as well end this thread right now. There is no other choice.

I actually do agree with you. BUT, I can not use that throne during the summer due to the Pearl name on it. Although, I am trying to convince the corps to get that, and then recover it so that the Pearl is nowhere to be seen. Here's hoping. Otherwise, my Roc N Soc it is, which isn't bad, but I'd prefer the Pearl in this case.