• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go with 1989 SCV

HM

1975 Madison Scouts

1976 Blue Devils (like 86 but on steroids)

1988 Madison Scouts (as if)

1987 Garfield

Edited by Cop

hm. a couple ofnice honorable mentions for me, 80 blue devils (am i really the first to recognize this all time great?), 87 cadets (beautiful, and such a dramatic finish at finals that year), and 96 phantom (the ultimate phantom show, totally in character, and perfect). i'd like to mention vanguard, but honestly, my favorite years for them weren't championship years, esp the 87-88 2nd place shows and those quirky mid 90s shows, and i can't pick a cavvies show, i either hated the music they played or can't bear to listen to their hornlines, depending on the year in question, and like vanguard, i find i like them better in their off years (according to the judges, who apparently didn't enjoy variations on a korean folk song as much as i did).

still, you can only pick one, so i have to reserve my vote here for

the 88 scouts, of course. the sops may not have been anything to write home about, but the contra line and baris both make my all time top 10 list, mellos i think were the best ever, not as fast as 91 star but 91 star couldn't have soared above the ensemble with the power and precision they did, the marching was very fast and aggressive for its time, and carried out flawlessly, and it was the definitive malaguena show. who could ask for anything more?