2008 Serenade In Brass Videos

"Here's the videos from the show, performed by the 2008 Caballeros Alumni Corps."

Thanks for the links, Rich, and many thanks to 'scubadiver49er' for posting them on YouTube!

Just one (selfish) question: Were the two drum solos also videoed, and if so, will they be posted on YouTube as well? Inquiring drummers want to know!

"Here's the videos from the show, performed by the 2008 Caballeros Alumni Corps."

Thanks for the links, Rich, and many thanks to 'scubadiver49er' for posting them on YouTube!

Just one (selfish) question: Were the two drum solos also videoed, and if so, will they be posted on YouTube as well? Inquiring drummers want to know!

"Captain":

"scubadiver49er" is my YouTube "moniker", as I did a lot of that back in the '70's. I'll see if I can't get the drum solos loaded up on YouTube as well. Stay tuned!!! :bluedevil:

And many 'KUDOS" to Kevin Broderick for the videos!!!!!!!

Edited by Vanguard Rich

Sorry that was before my time as playing for other corps is always fun. Did that with Shenadoah Sound a few times in Winchester before the parade and the people nearby ate it up. Especially as one of the ShenSound guys would literally throw down the challenge glove. Let's see that's 8-12 members versus a few times that. :bluedevil:

LOL, "Star Whor..." oops "Star Wars" got reused a few years ago. We played our whole book at a gig and SW still sounded pretty good so it got dusted off as a parade tune.

Here's the media link on Hanovers webpage. Bottom of the page has a movie of us playing the National Anthem at a ball game. It was taken from the stands by a friend of the corps but the sound is not that bad. http://www.hanoverlancers.com/lancers_downloads.htm

Note: Sound from the top group of links (York Revolution) isn't that great. Not sure if it was the equipment or echo effect off the stadium walls (we were outside in the parking lot).

Jim,

Pretty neat videos and a nice site.

That is a good National Anthem and the stadium acoustics add to it.

Jim,

Pretty neat videos and a nice site.

That is a good National Anthem and the stadium acoustics add to it.

The irony with the National Anthem is that it's arranged by Jay Bocook(sp?) and our horn instructor had it on a Cadets CD. About the time the corps decided that we needed a chart of the National Anthem our long time DM passed away so we bought the rights in his honor.

Considering the "strong" feelings at times between the Cadets fans and old timers I think it's funny that an Alumni-type corps is playing an Cadets arrangement. It was a bugger to learn but had some very interesting things going on in it. :thumbup: