Where For Art Thou Pearl?

Correcting grammar and spelling on a message board would be a full time job. Rarely is there a page in a thread where there aren't several errors. Proper written grammar and spelling are not positively correlated with intelligence, either, but rather with intent. But, besides all of that, guess what? Nothing's being graded, so knock it off!

On a side note, some good did come out of the "badly speling 'n grammer" posts in this thread; if John ever needs a copy editor to scan for errors on the boards, he'll know where to turn. :blink:

I like drums.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OPEN CLASS (at least the ones that post their sponsors)

Dynasty 7

Yamaha 6

Pearl 4

Mapex 1

Quantum 1

Premier 0

I'd add En Garde to the Pearl side.....if we were going to actually USE the Pearl battery we have....

Note, I'm a brass guy, but why couldn't they have just kept the same Pearl drums they ALREADY owned? Why do drum lines seem to get brand new equipment year in and year out? Do they just not last that long?

Most of the "name" corps don't actually own the drums...the sponsoring company retains ownership and then sells them at a discount after a couple of years of use.

could be worse folks.....people could still be using Stingray

I marched on Ludwig back in the day (20 years ago). They were not the most durable drums out there but I still love that tenor sound.

Silliest rule in the English language, and one that I violate as much as possible.

By the way, did you guys know that the adverb form of "silly" is "sillily?" DCP spell check is telling me that it's wrong, but Merriam-Webster says otherwise. I can't believe it's actually a word. Unbelievable.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/silly

By the way, did you guys know that the adverb form of "silly" is "sillily?"

That's silly.

In all fairness, Rick's first version of these drums were quality, it wasn't until the "investors" took over.

quality yes. heavy as ####, also yes

could be worse folks.....people could still be using Stingray

h-stingray-power-wedge-ssl.jpg

:)

h-stingray-westshoremen-1th.jpg

h-stingray-sm-2.jpg

North drums! :tongue:

Those may be bad, but I remember seeing an ad (I think in The Instrumentalist) from the 60s that showed a marching bass drum that was essentially a single-tuned head on a hoop, turned vertically (like a bass drum looks). I was thinking, that must sound like a roto tom, but even worse. The name of the drum was something like "Tone Os" or "RingOs" or something like that. Can anybody verify that?

Elmo Blatch