Madison Camp

Where is Murphyfreesboro? Never heard of that place... :thumbup:

It's the show right after Alantown.

Weedy - your signature says 07 Spirit trumpet, 08 Madison soprano

Are the men from Madison going back to G bugles? :blink:

No... sorry to disappoint. At Spirit we usually said trumpet and in Madison we say soprano. It's just a kind of joke I couldn't resist.

-Weedy

"... It was a great camp, if you discount the freezing cold, 45 degree, 20 mph wind, drizzly, rainy, drill learning on Saturday morning. Madison's hornline and drumline spent a good 7 hours learning drill on Saturday morning/afternoon, and spent the rest of the evening in music rehearsal..."

Freezing cold? Back in my day we marched OUTSIDE in February in the snow... 10 miles playing a roll all the way around the uphill track 100 times... barefoot... and we liked it! And we could only go to Rocky Rocococ's to eat lunch... and then Parthenon for a Gyros dinner. The next day you had gas so bad that East High School was like practicing in a stenchfest ... and we liked it! AND gas only cost about $1.25/gallon or so... AND WE HATED THAT! :blink:

excellent review. I nominate Jonny for official Madison spokesperson.
Second.

Imagine that. Somebody with solid information that was actually at camp. The information is well written and consise. Tells you exactly what went on. Doesn't look like it was typed with boxing gloves on and doesn't sound like it was typed by someone with the IQ of Mike Tyson. And it's not "Madison iz da Roxzorzz!!!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!" overhype.

Great info.

Just a side, getting outside for the first time is always fun, no matter the conditions. It just feels good after a winter full of gym work. I always enjoyed that first run-through of whatever you got, too. It's always kinda like giving birth. Messy, painful, but worth it.

I third the nomination. Motion carries. Congratulations Jonny. Now get tough little brother! :blink:

It's a good thing the motion carried, because I was about to third it myself! Good stuff!!! This was refreshingly easy to get through! lol :blink:

Freezing cold? Back in my day we marched OUTSIDE in February in the snow... 10 miles playing a roll all the way around the uphill track 100 times... barefoot... and we liked it! And we could only go to Rocky Rocococ's to eat lunch... and then Parthenon for a Gyros dinner. The next day you had gas so bad that East High School was like practicing in a stenchfest ... and we liked it! AND gas only cost about $1.25/gallon or so... AND WE HATED THAT! :tongue:

Don't you have any new stories Geno? :tongue:

j/k, miss you Brother. You never make any gatherings!

Don't you have any new stories Geno? :devil:

j/k, miss you Brother. You never make any gatherings!

:tongue:

Maybe that story is played out, huh? Dang... :mat:

I know... I have to get up to one of the get togethers. Sounds like I've missed a few good ones... any one that Pearson is buying beer for is worthwhile.