WILDWOOD NEW JERSEY

So can anyone DEFINITELY confirm these two Open Class corps having 72 brass each? It seems as though one of them definitely does as Penguin is clearly marching with one (most likely Surf according to his/her post history). It would make sense that Surf is marching 72 if they had 60 at a standstill. What about Teal? Pictures on their websites say approximately 60 but about 10 or so people could always be missing at camps when your hornline is that large. Anyone, anyone?

If I remember the numbers correctly, I believe we're marching 64.

And yes, the Jupiter horns are incredibly sexy.

Seconded. Very sexy.

Thirded. I'm up for anything really sexy.

I spoke with friends this weekend who attended the "Weekend in Wildwood" festivities last weekend. Although they were disappointed that Jersey Surf didn't wear their corps uniforms (they settled down after I explained that they were probably still fitting the corps members), they did comment on their professionalism and maturity since their last viewing of the corps several years ago.

It's great to see that Surf has continued to focus on "incremental growth." The kids from that corps always seem to have a great time performing. Their love for the drum corps activity really shines through. Good for them. I hope the Surf has a great season this year, along with all of the corps in the new "Open" division.