Sirens used in shows

OK, so I'm in a pickle right now, and hoping that the DCP community can help.

Our show this year requires a siren (yeah, I know, tre-cheesy)...

Question: Where can I find/get/buy one of these devices?

Thanks...

I always thought that that was something that every corps had for one reason or another. At least, the two corps I've marched with here in Japan both had their own.

ebay item - http://cgi.ebay.com/HAND-CRANK-SIREN-WWII-...080511095a30532

I'd google it up and see what's around, or maybe contact a local rescue station to see if there are any unused ones out back somewhere.

Well, there's this.

Or you can get your pick of new and vintage military ones on eBay.

Gotta love goodsearch!

Edited by TerriTroop

Hi, I'm Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse!

Due to an unfavorable court ruling, i am now in possession of hundreds of Olde Time Hand Crank Sirens! I have more then can legally fit in my warehouse and need to get rid of them fast so I'm passing the savings on to yooooooou!!!!

So come visit Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse just west of town and east of high prices.

Edited by luvs me sum mello!

Our show this year requires a siren (yeah, I know, tre-cheesy)...

Did you really just down your whole program, or was that a preemptory self-defense-mechanism-type strike?

If you're doing Corigliano's Circus Maximus, then buy two and tell me where you are performing.

Best of luck!

(Following a visit to the website on another browser): or Peter Pan, whatever.

Either way: Do It Up!

:tongue:

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

And, Drumkid - you are too funny!!!

Hi, I'm Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse!

Due to an unfavorable court ruling, i am now in possession of hundreds of Olde Time Hand Crank Sirens! I have more then can legally fit in my warehouse and need to get rid of them fast so I'm passing the savings on to yooooooou!!!!

So come visit Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse just west of town and east of high prices.

I thought you changed your name to Darth Harrington. :tongue:

What Boo said ---- or just make nice-nice with the Madison F.D., like was done for DCI Championships in 2002 - who executed a perfectly-timed 'siren test' at the firehouse across the street (and in full view) from the stadium in the appropriate spot in the Cadets' show.

Good news: Westshoremen had a great siren effect in some of their early 80s shows.

Bad news: They didn't use a machine. One of the sops did the siren with his mouth as this was the pre-pit era (I think). Guy had been freaking out people and bus drivers with his weird talent for a few years so it was put in the show. The visual was a guy member acting like he had a giant crank in his side that needed cranking. Sigh, didn't DCA visually recorded in those days.