Sirens used in shows

Bad news: They didn't use a machine. One of the sops did the siren with his mouth as this was the pre-pit era (I think). Guy had been freaking out people and bus drivers with his weird talent for a few years so it was put in the show. The visual was a guy member acting like he had a giant crank in his side that needed cranking. Sigh, didn't DCA visually recorded in those days.

Heck of a trick to pull with the mouth!

Reminds me of that guy from the Police Academy movies. What was his name? Is he still alive?

He always cracks me up!!!

Heck of a trick to pull with the mouth!

Reminds me of that guy from the Police Academy movies. What was his name? Is he still alive?

He always cracks me up!!!

Michael Winslow and he does a great siren both old fashion and all the modern siren sounds.

Edited by Perry S

Good news: Westshoremen had a great siren effect in some of their early 80s shows.

Bad news: They didn't use a machine. One of the sops did the siren with his mouth as this was the pre-pit era (I think). Guy had been freaking out people and bus drivers with his weird talent for a few years so it was put in the show. The visual was a guy member acting like he had a giant crank in his side that needed cranking. Sigh, didn't DCA visually recorded in those days.

"Sirens":

Thanks Jim. "Way back when", 1969 to be sure, the old DesPlaines Vanguards had a "Siren Effect" in their opener. The "Off the Line" was "Aquarius", from the rock opera "Hair". It was arranged by Hy Drietzer. In their opening fanfare, the mellophoes created a "Siren Sound" to overlay the hornlines playing of the fanfare. It worked quite well.

Elphaba

We just bought one here at Navy for use in our drum feature. I poked around on Ebay and found a company that sells new ones. The company is Vestil Manufacturing, and they sell two models... a small hand-held one, and a larger one that comes with a stand. We bought the larger one ($295) and it easily mounts to a percussion rack for use in the pit. Email me (weir@usna.edu) for contact info.

Jeff

OK, so I'm in a pickle right now, and hoping that the DCP community can help.

Our show this year requires a siren (yeah, I know, tre-cheesy)...

Question: Where can I find/get/buy one of these devices?

Thanks...

well, first thing you need to do is shoot a cop so you can steal his id to get past the security systems at the police station. once you have that, contact me through here, but don't use my real name. i'll walk you through steps 2-86 then.

deleted copy

Edited by mad_scotty

Call me on 911...I'LL GET YOU A SIREN.

OR THIRTY!!!

Hi, I'm Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse!

Due to an unfavorable court ruling, i am now in possession of hundreds of Olde Time Hand Crank Sirens! I have more then can legally fit in my warehouse and need to get rid of them fast so I'm passing the savings on to yooooooou!!!!

So come visit Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse just west of town and east of high prices.

"Keep Grandma company..." "African American? Hail a cab!"

Best ones from that bit BY FAR

Why invest in a hand crank siren this year when you can amplify a "siren" from a synthesizer next year?