BDB announcement

Flight

Songs: "Flight", "Turbine", "Through the Night", "Turbulence", & "Final Approach & Landing"

Composers: John Meehan and John Mackey

Program: The 2008 Blue Devils 'B' Corps program, entitled "Flight", features original compositions by John Meehan and John Mackey.

The first movement - "Taxi & Take Off" - begins with an excerpt from Mackey's "Turbine", and transitions into an up-tempo percussion feature that drives the corps down the runway; the tempo relaxes just as the wheels leave the pavement, and the first full corps impact lets you know that this "Flight" is officially off of the ground!

The second movement - "Through The Night" - allows you to settle into your seat and relax as the Corps begins their in-flight entertainment. Featuring the Mellophone section and a bluesy feel, this piece is sure to be one of the most memorable of the show.

Just when you thought you might get some shut-eye... "Turbulence", the Corps' third movement, rattles you into an adrenaline-filled state of awareness! The plane shudders and shakes as the percussion section navigates it's way through the menacing atmosphere. The brass section and color guard add to the intensity of this piece as the aircraft hurtles through the air!

In "Final Approach & Landing", the ensemble sets a course for home with an up- tempo and adventurous feel. The excitement grows as the ground rushes upwards, and when rubber meets concrete, he BD "B' Corps is at their strongest! Finishing with a triumphant parade down the runway, the 2008 BD "B" Corps program will leave you wanting more!

For anyone who doesn't feel like clicking.

I've heard it's coming together very nicely.

I've got a bunch of friends marching there, so I'll talk to them about it come monday.

For anyone who doesn't feel like clicking.

I've heard it's coming together very nicely.

I've got a bunch of friends marching there, so I'll talk to them about it come monday.

Great. Just what we need. A whole show of unrecognizable music. :dozingoff:

That being said, "GO BDB!".

I love Turbine. When I was at the University of Tennessee, John Mackey came to a few of our wind ensemble rehearsals to get it just the way he wanted it. I always thought that it would be great on the field, so I'm really looking forward to hearing BDB pull it off!

Not knocking BDB in any way at all...but is anyone else getting sick of all the shows about flight?

Not knocking BDB in any way at all...but is anyone else getting sick of all the shows about flight?

Which other flight shows are you referencing?

2007- Trilogy

2006- Chain Reactions

2005- Blue Fusion - The Music of the New York Voices and Pat Metheney

2004- Chronometry - The Study of Time

2003- Scootin on Hardrock

2002- Dance Movements

2001- Music of Chicago

2000- Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

1999- There's No Place Like Home: The music of Berlioz, Hermann and Mussorgsky

and then from then on back they didn't have show titles.

So what flight shows are you sick of?

Which other flight shows are you referencing?

2007- Trilogy

2006- Chain Reactions

2005- Blue Fusion - The Music of the New York Voices and Pat Metheney

2004- Chronometry - The Study of Time

2003- Scootin on Hardrock

2002- Dance Movements

2001- Music of Chicago

2000- Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

1999- There's No Place Like Home: The music of Berlioz, Hermann and Mussorgsky

and then from then on back they didn't have show titles.

So what flight shows are you sick of?

Sorry for not being clear. I was talking about drum corps and marching band shows in general.

-Edited for poor typing skills at 12:30 in the morning.

Edited by ArgonneRebel

Sorry for not being clear. I was talking about drum corps and marching band shows in general.

-Edited for poor typing skills at 12:30 in the morning.

Lol makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...